Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

x charger i/c and 48's

hey i just got my x and 42's on and i have the i/c sitting in the back of my truck trying to decide what to do. i can not make up my mind on the riva, begi rrfpr or rude controller. so i was wondering if anyone has run the x 48's and i/c with no problems or if it would not work. i have an afr on there but would like the heads up if it would work or not.

+1
    The 48's are too rich with the RRPFR and surely without the RRFPR. I just don't understand why people are wanting to forgo the FPR. It seems the ONE thing people want to circumvent. I just don't get it. Leave the 42's in, sell the 48's, and get the Riva RRFPR. It is the SAFEST way to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    The 48's are too rich with the RRPFR and surely without the RRFPR. I just don't understand why people are wanting to forgo the FPR. It seems the ONE thing people want to circumvent. I just don't get it. Leave the 42's in, sell the 48's, and get the Riva RRFPR. It is the SAFEST way to go.
    +1. You NEED a rrfpr!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    +1. You NEED a rrfpr!
    I hate getting on the soap box Jim, but it seems that is ALWAYS the one mod people want to circumvent. Ya know, EH

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    I believe that 05_RXP has the same thoughts as i do. He is trying to keep it simple. And what i mean is if someone installs RRFPR shouldn't he have somekind of knowledge on how to finetune the AFR? Or is it easy to cope with? Are there any instructions on the steps you have to follow? Because if things with RRFPR are pretty much straight forward then i am going for the RRFPR as well. I thought that an x charger with external i/c and 42s is more or less a safe and easy upgrade..at least i hope!

+1
    Im running a x charger and 48's with a rrfpr and i have my rude fpr hooked up but not insyalled im at 79 plus with stock ecu now get a afr gauge first

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Im running a x charger and 48's with a rrfpr and i have my rude fpr hooked up but not insyalled im at 79 plus with stock ecu now get a afr gauge first
    48's with stock ECU! Can you please share some of your afr numbers?

Thanks Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma rxt View Post
    I believe that 05_RXP has the same thoughts as i do. He is trying to keep it simple. And what i mean is if someone installs RRFPR shouldn't he have somekind of knowledge on how to finetune the AFR? Or is it easy to cope with? Are there any instructions on the steps you have to follow? Because if things with RRFPR are pretty much straight forward then i am going for the RRFPR as well. I thought that an x charger with external i/c and 42s is more or less a safe and easy upgrade..at least i hope!
    Tunning a rrfpr is very easy and fast. As far as your X charger with 42's and an external IC it is NOT SAFE! With a stock IC it is but once you and the external IC you need to manage your fuel.

In all honesty its just my curiousity. I spend almost all my free time on here researching and eveyone says. That x charger 42's and i/c you need a rrfpr but no one has proven why just said you do. So it got me thinking. I put my x and 42's on yesterday I also have a afr gauge I was running 11.0 at idle 11.9 at 5000 and 11.4 at 8200. So I wouldn't think adding the i/c would lean it out that much

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    In all honesty its just my curiousity. I spend almost all my free time on here researching and eveyone says. That x charger 42's and i/c you need a rrfpr but no one has proven why just said you do. So it got me thinking. I put my x and 42's on yesterday I also have a afr gauge I was running 11.0 at idle 11.9 at 5000 and 11.4 at 8200. So I wouldn't think adding the i/c would lean it out that much

It will. Stop trying to circumvent the RRFPR. You need it. Your midrange will be in the 14's and you will start melting shit. Good luck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information