Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to PWC and just have a few questions.

First off I just wanted to say that this site has more info on PWC than most others. Everyone seems pretty cool and informative. Ive been creeping around for a week but yesterday decided to join.

I wasn't really sure what section to ask these few questions I have. I didnt want to put the question in one of brand specific PWC sections.

Basically I am looking for the following in a PWC. Id like to hear your thoughts and what you all recommended.

IM looking for a Pwc that I can take in the river and ocean. Im not looking to learn or do tricks. Just something to cruise around. Looking for a nice amount of storage space (gas tanks, a tent) for longer day trips and overnight trips. Something stable enough for possibly going to to Bimini with some people.

Looking for 2008 and up. Also most of my riding will be in brackish and in saltwater. Closed or Open loop better for Saltwater?

Thank you very much for any input

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Northface25 View Post
    First off I just wanted to say that this site has more info on PWC than most others. Everyone seems pretty cool and informative. Ive been creeping around for a week but yesterday decided to join.

I wasn't really sure what section to ask these few questions I have. I didnt want to put the question in one of brand specific PWC sections.

Basically I am looking for the following in a PWC. Id like to hear your thoughts and what you all recommended.

IM looking for a Pwc that I can take in the river and ocean. Im not looking to learn or do tricks. Just something to cruise around. Looking for a nice amount of storage space (gas tanks, a tent) for longer day trips and overnight trips. Something stable enough for possibly going to to Bimini with some people.

Looking for 2008 and up. Also most of my riding will be in brackish and in saltwater. Closed or Open loop better for Saltwater?

Thank you very much for any input
    If you are going to do the Bimini ride, Look at this --> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...The-True-Story

I would go with an RXT-X. Best bang for your buck. It is what Kevin, the guy above, uses.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk..
    Thank you

Id rather not mess with anything supercharged.

I just purchased a VXS - great ski for the family and I but we are on a small lake. I definitely would not recommend this ski for large open water.

If you don't want a super charger - best late model ski maybe a yamaha fx ho/cruiser for rougher water?

Quote Originally Posted by ecarnell View Post
    I just purchased a VXS - great ski for the family and I but we are on a small lake. I definitely would not recommend this ski for large open water.
    Ill mark that one off the list. I was looking at those the other day. Thanks for your advise.

+1
    If you are wanting to go to bimini, you would be better suited for the SC ski. Better low end torque and better for rough or sea type water....

+1
    Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information