Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1994 sl 750 help

I just picked up this baby with the trailer for 300 guy couldn't make it run ( missing tether) Motor looks awesome. Story was guy rebuilt motor and then sold it to his buddy ( guy I bought it from) So I took it home pulled the battery out of a 1990 waverunner 500cc and used the tether and thing started up just fine.

So went to walmart got a fire extinguisher a tether and a battery. I bought the es16clb its 6.875 x 4.0 x 6.875 will that fit ? if not what size do I need.

I also read these had a bearing/seal issue is there a way to check before I put it in the water.

Also the digital gauge and the trim do not work is there a fuse box or something I should check out.

Thanks guys.

+1
    Thats a good deal, the MFD needs a 1/4 amp fuse located in the electrical box, the trim should be wired all there as well. are you sure the MFD does not work? does the red light turn on when starting? it could be faded numbers and I can fix that.

No lights or anything on the gauge. I will look for that electrical box also the trim gauge by the digital gauge does not have the indicator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse8931 View Post
    No lights or anything on the gauge. I will look for that electrical box also the trim gauge by the digital gauge does not have the indicator.

hrmm sounds like you could have electrical issues, the electrical box if looking towards the front of the machine is going to be on the right side towards the back directly below youre fuel selector switch, shoudl be 2 bungees holding it down unclup those and youll find 6 alan wrench bolts, they should have locktite on them remove them and you will find a bunch of wires, they are color coded the power for the MFD is Red Purple. the wires looks like a mess. see if its coroded in there.. or if the fuse is blown you can get 1/4 amp fuses at Radio Shack, if you get the red light to turn on on the MFD and cant see the display, the contacts will need to be cleaned inside. youre trim gauge is in the MFD correct? are you sure the trim isnt moving you just cant see it on the gauge?

well I will look at the box tomorrow and take good pic's. Do you have any info on the seal and checking it before I take it to the lake. Also I would like to premix only what would I need to do.

+1
    well I will look at the box tomorrow and take good pic's. Do you have any info on the seal and checking it before I take it to the lake. Also I would like to premix only what would I need to do.
    Cant give you info on the seal as I do not know im new to skis myself but learned a lot the past few months and this Forum is GREAT lots of good people here. i found that searching the forum i found most my information amazing what they have on this site here is a link to go Premix

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...s-SL750-Premix

Thanks for the info I will snap pics so maybe we can track this down.

Also do I really need the trim as my waverunners dont have trim and work great.

+1
    1/4 amp fuses are cheap at radio shack. A frequent cause of that fuse popping is arcing when the battery is connected. Also, make sure the plastic battery top is in place. Without that you run the risk of shorting the battery and frying your electric stator.'

There is no way to 'test' the thru-hull bearing out of the water. Well, you could remove the jet pump and inspect it, but the best thing is to dunk it in the lake on the trailer, start the engine, and look for leaks around the driveshaft.

Pre-mix isn't necessary. These Mikuni oil pumps are very reliable. Install tall new oil lines with good clamps and you should be good.

If there is not a 3-outlet fuel pump on the engine you should install one before riding this ski. The OEM single outlet pumps would starve the front cylinder for fuel and cause it to run lean. This would eventually lead to a hole burned in the front (PTO) piston.

The 16 battery is the correct one for Polaris skis.

Trim will only work while the motor is running. If it's not operating it's no big deal. Trim can be beneficial in various water conditions, but you can ride these skis fine without it.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    1/4 amp fuses are cheap at radio shack. A frequent cause of that fuse popping is arcing when the battery is connected. Also, make sure the plastic battery top is in place. Without that you run the risk of shorting the battery and frying your electric stator.'

There is no way to 'test' the thru-hull bearing out of the water. Well, you could remove the jet pump and inspect it, but the best thing is to dunk it in the lake on the trailer, start the engine, and look for leaks around the driveshaft.

Pre-mix isn't necessary. These Mikuni oil pumps are very reliable. Install tall new oil lines with good clamps and you should be good.

If there is not a 3-outlet fuel pump on the engine you should install one before riding this ski. The OEM single outlet pumps would starve the front cylinder for fuel and cause it to run lean. This would eventually lead to a hole burned in the front (PTO) piston.

The 16 battery is the correct one for Polaris skis.

Trim will only work while the motor is running. If it's not operating it's no big deal. Trim can be beneficial in various water conditions, but you can ride these skis fine without it.

KJ
    Got the new fuse mfd works great now.

Pulled the airbox to get a pic of the fuel pump

Hope you can tell.

Also for the few seconds I started it. it smoked out the garage and I was in the drive way I know its a two stroke but man it smoked alot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information