2004 honda jet ski r-12x locked out tried the honda code reset no luck

im locked out of my jet ski and it wont turn on anymore there is a key sign on the display ive tried the honda code reset but ive had no luck this is the process ive tried but it still will not reset any help will be greatly appreciated

You must follow the procedure exactly:
    With the lanyard removed unplug the 8 pin grey connector.
    With the mode and set buttons pushed insltall the lanyard and hold the MODE and SET buttons for at least 5 seconds. The ID No will come on and the first digit of the ID number will come on and start blinking and the warning buzzer beeps.
    Push the ID No button until 9 is displayed. Press ID SET button and the second digit of the ID number starts blinking.
    Push the ID No button until the second nine is displayed. Push the ID SET button.
    Push the ID No button until the third nine is displayed.

this is up to the part were i get when i hit ID SET the combination meter does not turn off

Push the ID SET button. The combination meter turns off indicating the key is unlocked.
    Pull the lanyard out of the engine stop switch. Reconnect the 8 pin meter connector.
    Reinstall the lanyard in the stop switch.
    It sounds like you did not set each of the 9's individually or that you did not remove the lanyard after the meter display shut off and you reconnected the 8 pin connector.

If you can't reset the codes maybe you have a bad ECU. can you find a good ECU from a friend switch the ECU and turn on the engine. it happen to me, I have a 2004 ECU if you need one.

Thread Information