Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 96 SL 900 pump

+1

96 SL 900 pump

These are how the parts were when I pulled them apart. Well I got the pump apart and was shocked on how the previous owner didnt notice this. I priced all parts minus the impeller from Polaris parts pitstop and we are looking at about $400 for new parts. Do you guys think all this needs replacing? The driveshaft looked good just missing the rubber ends. What should I do, new/ used i dont want to spend a ton. Any other year pumps work with this ski? Thanks RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump extension.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	251126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump stator.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	251128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impeller.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	251127  

+1

Banned User
    +1
    Find yourself a 6 vane stainless stator. They can be had for 100-150 bucks. It will make a performance improvement as well.

+1
    I went to my local dealer who works on the polaris ski's and has parts showed me a stainless pump extension, a 6 vane stator from a msx? and the rest of the things i need for for the fix for about 500. Im not sure if this is a good price anyone else think so? I know the pump extension they had listed for 180. They also had a nujet? impeller and said the pitch was a little different but would still work. What do you guys think of this? I also offered the guy 150 for the parts in the above ebay post.

Banned User
    +1
    I think you can fix it for a lot less. I recently picked up a stainless stator and extension on ebay for a little over 100 bucks. you just have to keep your eyes open for them. I will look, I may have a good extension ring here and a stub shaft. Let me know if you are interested. I may even have a stock impeller I am willing to part with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I think you can fix it for a lot less. I recently picked up a stainless stator and extension on ebay for a little over 100 bucks. you just have to keep your eyes open for them. I will look, I may have a good extension ring here and a stub shaft. Let me know if you are interested. I may even have a stock impeller I am willing to part with.
    I would be intrested if your willing to part with them, unless they take my ebay offer. Im not looking to make this a speed demon (my snowmobile is for that) just something to cruise around at my camp other than the boat. Thanks for all your help so far!!

If its running right and stock it will hit around 57 mph on GPS at 6400 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by rsracin05 View Post
    I would be intrested if your willing to part with them, unless they take my ebay offer. Im not looking to make this a speed demon (my snowmobile is for that) just something to cruise around at my camp other than the boat. Thanks for all your help so far!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Any Polaris jet pump or parts from a 1994 and newer will transfer over to your ski with no problem. Except 1, the Octane.

So you can use any stator, wear ring, stub shaft, etc... for your ski. The only thing model specific is the impeller.

The SS stator and wear ring your dealer offered is a nice combo, but the price is way high.

As mentioned, you can get a good used SS 6 vane stator for around $150 and less, and the wear ring, SS or aluminum for around $100 or less.

What size Nujet was the impeller they offered? 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0 etc....

Was it new? And how much did they want for it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Any Polaris jet pump or parts from a 1994 and newer will transfer over to your ski with no problem. Except 1, the Octane.

So you can use any stator, wear ring, stub shaft, etc... for your ski. The only thing model specific is the impeller.

The SS stator and wear ring your dealer offered is a nice combo, but the price is way high.

As mentioned, you can get a good used SS 6 vane stator for around $150 and less, and the wear ring, SS or aluminum for around $100 or less.

What size Nujet was the impeller they offered? 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0 etc....

Was it new? And how much did they want for it?
    Thank this site has been a lifesaver for me so far. Im not really sure what size that impeller was or if it was new. I actually got the ebay parts listed above for 150. That dealer isn't open untill tuesday and I can find out about it then. They seem to have alot of polaris watercraft parts which is nice. Being a newbie to the pwc world I am learning every day.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    And you will learn the dealer is NOT the way to go.

The prices are ridiculous!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information