96 XP vs older hulls?

I've never owned a Seadoo, but I do have fond memories of riding XPs back in the 90s, and now that I live near a lake, I'm interested in getting one. I posted earlier about what hull was the most fun (96 seems to get the nod), but prices seems pretty high, and I have not come across any nice examples yet. I have however, seen some great prices on 95 XPs. Can someone fill me in on the differences? Again, I'm just looking for a fun boat, and while I'm prepared to rebuild motors/pumps, I would only likely make minimal, if any, mods, as I want reliability. Thanks!

Phoenix Az
    Quote Originally Posted by rpt50 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on the differences? Thanks!
    Main difference is a 717. Its just as fun and easyer on the wallet. I had a sp 717 back in the days with limited mods and that thing would try to rip my arms off. It was a fun ski damm that was some good times.

Almont MI
    I used to have a 95 xp and even though its not as fast as the 96 xp it was still alot of fun..

Coral Springs FL
    Keep in mind the 97 SPX and later not sure to what year SPX is the same as a 96 XP may be a solution also. would not mind haveing mine again but the RXP is a great ski.

Central Oklahoma
    I have been looking at some of the XPs as well. From what I have seen here local to me was a nice 96 model with trailer that sold for $1850. There is another 96 listed now with minor mods and a trailer that they are asking $2500 for.

I really like the looks of the 99 SPX skis, same hull just a great combination of colors. Most of the 99s that I have seen that were slick and come with a trailer wanted $2700 + here for them.

Thread Information