Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

differences between rrfpr?

Guys because i am starting to burn my brain on reaserch, what is the difference between these two:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=813

and
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=885

I want to by a rrfpr is the first choice OK and is there a big difference from the RIVA rrfpr?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma rxt View Post
    Guys because i am starting to burn my brain on reaserch, what is the difference between these two:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=813

and
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=885

I want to by a rrfpr is the first choice OK and is there a big difference from the RIVA rrfpr?
    you have posted a link to one with a begi and a rrfpr and the other with a rrfpr only???
    what mods are you planning to run then perhaps more info can be given.

+1
    The begi set up gives you the ability to tune the bottom and mid range afr's without running a fuel controller.

The RRFPR by itself is a little more limited in its tuning abilities, such as only dialing in the afr's at wot.

+1
    the second link (more expensive one) comes with a begi regulator, the cheaper does not. the begi regulator allows you to tune the idle and mid A/F's after you get your wot A/F's set using the rrfpr. Just a RRFPR is only going to allow you to adjust your WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by retro_racer View Post
    you have posted a link to one with a begi and a rrfpr and the other with a rrfpr only???
    what mods are you planning to run then perhaps more info can be given.
    I am planning on 2 rude, riva ecu, ext i/c, 4'' air filter, exhaust and dont know yet what kind of injectors and what kind of prop... could use some help. Thanks every one for the replies

+1
    I am planning on 2 rude, riva ecu, ext i/c, 4'' air filter, exhaust and dont know yet what kind of injectors and what kind of prop... could use some help. Thanks every one for the replies
    Are you looking for top end or acceleration? What type of water do you ride in primarily? Gonna need 48lb with the 2Rude. The reason I am asking about the top end or acceleration and the type of water you ride in is the 2Rude might not be for you. If you are looking for acceleration, the ET 137 XL LE drop in wheel for the x-charger puts out 13lbs at 8100. About 1mph slower than the 2 rude. But the acceleration is twice hands down. The ET is lighter and made of Billet. If you ride in rough water the lighter wheel would be better for the clutch and slip. Flat water mainly, Go 2 Rude.

The BEGI however, does allow you to tune the mid range as the RRFPR allows WOT tuning. 13.5 is a good mid range, but as you lower the AFR's, your fuel economy goes down on cruises.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Are you looking for top end or acceleration? What type of water do you ride in primarily? Gonna need 48lb with the 2Rude. The reason I am asking about the top end or acceleration and the type of water you ride in is the 2Rude might not be for you. If you are looking for acceleration, the ET 137 XL LE drop in wheel for the x-charger puts out 13lbs at 8100. About 1mph slower than the 2 rude. But the acceleration is twice hands down. The ET is lighter and made of Billet. If you ride in rough water the lighter wheel would be better for the clutch and slip. Flat water mainly, Go 2 Rude.

The BEGI however, does allow you to tune the mid range as the RRFPR allows WOT tuning. 13.5 is a good mid range, but as you lower the AFR's, your fuel economy goes down on cruises.
    Now thats a very interesting point. I run in salt water all the time and acceleration is what i want by far!!! Top end not so much. So as it looks the ET 137 XL LE is a better option. So far we have modded the stock sc of my 2007 RXT so that the X-wheel could fit in. With the ET137 acceleration would be better than the x-charger? Can you give me a link of the wheel as well?
    High top end speeds at open waters could be catastrophic....

+1
    Now thats a very interesting point. I run in salt water all the time and acceleration is what i want by far!!! Top end not so much. So as it looks the ET 137 XL LE is a better option. So far we have modded the stock sc of my 2007 RXT so that the X-wheel could fit in. With the ET137 acceleration would be better than the x-charger? Can you give me a link of the wheel as well?
    High top end speeds at open waters could be catastrophic....

put a 3 blade in as well as the ET wheel + external IC, and you will get really good holeshot...

i fell off my ski running a C kit with a 3 blade.. nailed it i was leaning back.. flipped the ski over back wards

Quote Originally Posted by retro_racer View Post
    put a 3 blade in as well as the ET wheel + external IC, and you will get really good holeshot...

i fell off my ski running a C kit with a 3 blade.. nailed it i was leaning back.. flipped the ski over back wards
    Could be more specific cause i am a little confused. Where can i find the ET wheel and what do you mean by a C kit and finally which 3 blade did you use? Thanks a lot for the time spent on answering my questions?

+1
    http://www.engine-tech.com/shop/arti...loah8dkn0illp4

See kit one, this is the ET 137 Drop in wheel for the X chargers he's refering to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information