Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile First test ride results on RXP after new mods...

A little history...

Some of you may remember that my supercharger had gone out twice and the local dealer didn't tell me it wasn't going to be covered under warranty the first time and charged me $700, didn't clean the oil pumps out, and then it went out again 2 hours later and they were going to charge me again.

That's when I talked to Glen Perry and he told me that since it was under warranty I should bring it to them and they'd get it taken care of for me. So I took it down to PPG and they took the motor out, replaced both oil pumps and the entire supercharger housing...all covered under warranty! I really appreciate the awesome treatment I've received from PPG!

Since the motor was out of the ski Vladimir suggested that I add on some things that require the motor to be out which wouldn't cost me much on the labor side, so I said go for it. And while they were at it I added a couple of other goodies. So, here are all the mods I have on my ski at this time:

PPG Trued Hull
    PPG Air Intake
    PPG Resonated Pipe
    Rotax Racing ECU
    Rotax High Capacity Fuel Injectors
    Rotax 158 degree thermostat
    Rotax Racing Compressor SC Impeller
    Steel SC Washers
    Rotax Intercooler
    Rotax Front Silent Block Engine Mount
    Skat-Trak 3 Blade
    Worx Grate
    Riva 2.0 Wedge
    Riva VTS Extension Rod
    RE Blockoffs
    Reverse Bucket trimmed
    Rideplate holes filled
    Danny Udell Sponsons

I finally got to take it out on Lake Anna today for some test runs and she just about yanked my arms off!

Air Temp: 62
    Water Temp: 48
    Humidity: 70%
    Pressure: 29.98 in. and falling
    Wind: Calm
    Dew Point: 39

8400-8500 RPMs
    Riding in Superman position (I weigh 185 pounds)
    VTS all the way up in top position
    2 bars of gas on first reading, 1 bar of gas on last two readings

I'm pretty excited about my new speeds, but I really wanted to hit 77+ today. What can I tweak to get more top speed? I won't be satisfied until I hit 80...and then I probably still won't be satisfied!

you said you had the VTS all the way up?

try it 2 notches down from the top or notches above neutral (same thing), I bet you break 77mph. I and most others on here have found that to be the sweet spot for speed with or without a wedge.

I tried that a couple of times but my speed was .2 less than in top position...but I'm definitely going to give that a try again. Didn't want to run out of gas so I gave up...

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    I tried that a couple of times but my speed was .2 less than in top position...but I'm definitely going to give that a try again. Didn't want to run out of gas so I gave up...
    really? hmm, that surprises me. not too much though i guess after considering that I get my best speeds with between 2/3 and 3/4 tank of gas. every ski is different though.

Could it be that the RE Blockoffs control porpoising to the point that you don't lose any speed by riding in the top VTS position, which also gets more of the ski out of the water? I'm no expert, so maybe one will chime in on this thought.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    really? hmm, that surprises me. not too much though i guess after considering that I get my best speeds with between 2/3 and 3/4 tank of gas. every ski is different though.
    Same results here too with the wedge & ext. rod. Trim all the way up was .3-.5 faster than anywhere else but was squirley

Banned User
    +1
    What you need to do is make sure that when the trim reads MIDDLE, then the nozzle is EXACTLY in the middle, no +/- in either direction...so when in MIDDLE, there is no obstruction for the water to hit when exiting...

Its only then will your readings be right...

great job glad your happy, what immpelar you have 14-19? with your mods a 15-20 pulled back some will bring better #s.did you bring your ski all the way to florida from virginia?

+1
    I believe that if you lose the worx grate and go to a Riva you will pick up some speed. The worx is a better rough water grate but the Riva is best for top speed.

+1
    great numbers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information