Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

97 sltx 1050 need help please

so i just got me 1050 running and it seems to be running a lil rough so while it was running i disconnected the spark plugs one by one and when i took the pto and mag plugs off there was drop rpms and it wanted to die. so those ones seemed fine but the center one there was no change! so it seems theres a problems with the center cylinder so i did the test i found on here for testing for weak cylinder trying to run it on one cylinder at a time and pto cylinder would fire rite up so i went on to the center it would fire but it took alot of throttle so once again the center seems to have a problem! so i went to the mag cylinder and it wont run on that one at all but one thing i did notice was there seems to be a leak between the crank case and the mag cylinder! so im kinda confused in the first test the mag cylinder was fine but the second test showed its not! and in the first test it showed there's a problem with the center but in the second test it would run

well i figured out that when i hold the bilge button i can get all the cylinder to fire so i pretty sure my lr module went bad
    does anyone know where i can get a new? but the crazy thing is that i can get the center cylinder to fire on it own fine with the rest disconnected but when i have all the plugs hooked up and i disconnect them one by one when its running its still the same as i said earlier theres a rpm drop when i remove the pto and mag cylinders but nothing when i remove the center cylinder! from that test you would think my center isnt working but it will! does anyone know what could cause this???

+1
    How about compression ?

I just rebuilt the top end, and put new reeds in. but il check with a tester tomorrow and let you know
    Do you think the lower end leaking with cause any problems? Isn't the lower end pressurized?

+1
    Yes,a leak an the mag cyl will cause trouble there,but doesn't explain the center cyl not working well.Might as well try to figure what's going on,before ripping it apart.

Ya its crazy how in one test it shOws the center is fine but the other test shows
    It seems to not be working! I dont even know where to start! Could it be the center running lean!
    One other thing I notice is the center spark plug looks Clean and the other two are starting to brown up!

This is going to be hard to explain but I had the air filter cover off and aflter It ran it for a min I look down all the carb and both out side carb look completely clean and the center
    Looks like theres fuel and oil run down the sides and on the butterfly kinda looks like its not Sucking the air fuel and oil through like its sapose to! Could that be the lower end not sealed up Like it sapose to be? Or what do you think will cause that?

Anyone

+1
    A well sealed piston/cylinder does suck air into the engine,low compression could also be why the center plug isn't burning well.

Ya im going to have to get a compression tester! and I'll let you know!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information