+1

FHP overzealous smokeys

Although I'm typically a supporter of law enforcement, they don't have the right to ticket you for something that's not illegal. Looks like you should definately take it to court if you've been ticketed for flashing your lights to warn oncoming traffic of a speed trap.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/flor...r-obeying-law/

The comments on that page are retarded, now people are comparing American Cops to Union thugs? I do agree it's BS but I can't stand when people flash their high beams at night, during the day I see no harm. I would hate to be a cop...your damn if you do and your damn if you don't!

+1
    Whether you "can't stand" it or not, flashing your lights is a form of communication...doesn't matter if it's day or night,. It's commonly done to warn oncoming traffic of upcoming danger, including accidents, disabled vehicles and speed traps. It's also done to signal a slower vehicle ahead to move right, or for letting a vehicle with limited rearward visibility(like a truck pulling a double jet ski trailer) know that it's clear for them to change lanes.

Bottom line is police are on the roads to enforce laws, not to make them up.

If the FHP needs a reason to write tickets, how 'bout handing them out to all the tards who turn on their hazards when it rains. That IS illegal in FL. They could raise millions in revenue from just Dade & Broward counties alone...lots of tards down there.

+1
    or people that just wont move outta the left lane , man that drive me right up the fucking wall

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    or people that just wont move outta the left lane , man that drive me right up the fucking wall
    +10000000000000000000000
    Unfortunately that's not the law in FL, but it fucking should be! Either that, or it should be legal to run those idiots into the gaurdrail.

Check out 'ol Jeb's reason for vetoing that law here. FU Jeb, you can be "careful & cautious" in the right lane without holding everyone else up.
    http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

+1
    Hey who you calling a TARD I live in BROWARD AND YES this area is full of um LOL

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    If the FHP needs a reason to write tickets, how 'bout handing them out to all the tards who turn on their hazards when it rains.
    Those cock suckers aren't gonna get out of their car to issue a ticket in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post

+1
    myself and two of my brothers got arrested in Conn for poss. of deadly weapons (knife) and failure to drive right cause we were passing a slower truck, we got hauled to jail, posted $500. cash bond each, and when it went to court, the judge tossed the case for lack of probable cause because we were leagally passing and not speeding....... and it was a case of gang profiling !!!!
    cost us $500. each for the laywer to boot!!!!!! fucking conn state police can gargle my nutsac !!!!!!!!!

This is for the improper flashing of high-beams at night. (it's not unlawful to do so during daylight hours)

316.238 Use of multiple-beam road-lighting equipment.—
    (1) Whenever a motor vehicle is being operated on a roadway or shoulder adjacent thereto during the times specified in s. 316.217, the driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, directed high enough and of sufficient intensity to reveal persons and vehicles at a safe distance in advance of the vehicle, subject to the following requirements and limitations:
    (a) Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within 500 feet, such driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the oncoming driver. The lowermost distribution of light, or composite beam, specified in ss. 316.237(1)(b) and 316.430(2)(b) shall be deemed to avoid glare at all times, regardless of road contour and loading.
    (b) Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches another vehicle from the rear within 300 feet, such driver shall use a distribution of light permissible under this chapter other than the uppermost distribution of light specified in ss. 316.237(1)(a) and 316.430(2)(a).
    (2) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

This is for those that fail to keep right.

316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
    (1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
    (a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
    (b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided any person so doing shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;
    (c) Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon; or
    (d) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
    (2) Upon all roadways, any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
    (3) Upon any roadway having four or more lanes for moving traffic and providing for two-way movement of traffic, no vehicle shall be driven to the left of the centerline of the roadway, except when authorized by official traffic control devices designating certain lanes to the left side of the center of the roadway for use by traffic not otherwise permitted to use such lanes, or except as permitted under paragraph (1)(b). However, this subsection shall not be construed as prohibiting the crossing of the centerline in making a left turn into or from an alley, private road, or driveway.
    (4) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Thread Information