Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    JS 440 leaning in water....is this normal??

    I bought a 1990 JS 440 and took it out a few days ago and noticed it leans pretty good to the starboard side. Is this normal for them or what would cause this? Seems kind of odd to me


  2. #2
    I have to agree with you. There must be some kind of design defect and Kawasaki should be made aware and responsible.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lostcreek21 View Post
    I bought a 1990 JS 440 and took it out a few days ago and noticed it leans pretty good to the starboard side. Is this normal for them or what would cause this? Seems kind of odd to me
    When you are riding or just the ski sitting still on water?

  4. #4
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    It is due to the rear exhaust. The water gets inside there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    When you are riding or just the ski sitting still on water?
    When the ski is sitting in the water by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    It is due to the rear exhaust. The water gets inside there.
    I was thinking the same thing. Just didnt think the exhaust could hold enough water to lean that much

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie issues - hydrolocked - water in engine - is this normal?
    By canadiansam in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 10:27 PM
  2. is this normal? a little water in the hull.
    By MartinsRxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 09:39 PM
  3. Is this normal?!?!
    By Titanese in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM
  4. Is this normal?
    By WildBill9000 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Is this normal???? Plug not connected....?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •