Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stolen Seadoo RXP X

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jorge seadoo.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	251256Hello Everyone,

If any one has any information on a Seadoo RXP X silver and orange color, please let us know. It was stolen at 10:46 p.m. 8/27/11 by someone driving a Black Bronco in the Hialeah area right off the drive way of friends house (located of west 6th avenue).

We have a lead but any additional information would help. There was also a navy blue chevy pick up involved.

+1
    Wow, the theft of ski's is getting ridiculous. Good luck and sorry to hear that.

+1
    we need to start a whole section on stolen skis !!!!!!!!!!!! the more people that know about it and see pictures of the ski's missing the better !!!!!!!!!!!! can someone do this somewhere on the forum ????????

+1
    anybody ?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    we need to start a whole section on stolen skis !!!!!!!!!!!! the more people that know about it and see pictures of the ski's missing the better !!!!!!!!!!!! can someone do this somewhere on the forum ????????
    Yes, good idea !!!!

+1
    Is it me or are there more ski thefts than normal this year? Maybe people are just posting about them more often. Seems like every week someone on here is getting the ride or parts picked off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Is it me or are there more ski thefts than normal this year? Maybe people are just posting about them more often. Seems like every week someone on here is getting the ride or parts picked off.
    In my opinion, most likely a couple of things. First, the economy. People are hurting for cash. Ski's are fairly easy to steal. And we have all seen or read that the police don't pay much attention to these kinds of thefts. Also, from what I have heard, and it makes sense, for example, the SHO motors are stripped from hulls and the hulls are cut up and thrown into the dumpster. The motors are sold for cash, and the other parts are either thrown out or sold as well. Most likely, these stolen skis are stripped within a couple of hours of them being stolen and won't be found. It only makes sense and it's a harsh and sad reality.

Spoke with a friend of mine just last week and the police are still pulling over GPR's and checking under the seats looking for and impounding boats with SHO motors in them unless the owner has a paper trail proving that the motor ligitimately belongs to that owner/ski. I kinda wonder why they are not doing that with ski's that have been converted with 4-tec motors, but what do I know. As we've seen, these boats are getting stolen too. Don't know if the demand is for complete ski's or just the motors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    In my opinion, most likely a couple of things. First, the economy. People are hurting for cash. Ski's are fairly easy to steal. And we have all seen or read that the police don't pay much attention to these kinds of thefts. Also, from what I have heard, and it makes sense, for example, the SHO motors are stripped from hulls and the hulls are cut up and thrown into the dumpster. The motors are sold for cash, and the other parts are either thrown out or sold as well. Most likely, these stolen skis are stripped within a couple of hours of them being stolen and won't be found. It only makes sense and it's a harsh and sad reality.

Spoke with a friend of mine just last week and the police are still pulling over GPR's and checking under the seats looking for and impounding boats with SHO motors in them unless the owner has a paper trail proving that the motor ligitimately belongs to that owner/ski. I kinda wonder why they are not doing that with ski's that have been converted with 4-tec motors, but what do I know. As we've seen, these boats are getting stolen too. Don't know if the demand is for complete ski's or just the motors.
    After my crash the FWC officer made my wife provide documentation on the SD motor in her GPR that I crashed. This was in Brevard where there is pratically no theft, especially jetskis. She had the reciept from PPG for the motor paperclipped to the boat title and he was satisfied. Then he released to SeaTow which are theives in themselves. I'm sure all of the FWC offices are communicating with each other about the huge problems in SoFl and Orlando/Tampa. I've heard of people getting searched at lakes in Orlando but they have to be doing something wrong in the first place. Don't think they can do a search without cause but I could be wrong.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    I agree John. There needs to be a sticky at the top of each reginal riding section just for stolen skis and any updates about them without a bunch of BS filling up the threads. One of the most memorable thefts to me was the 2 skis that got stolen during the Hydrodrags at the host hotel. Yes this was in Brevard but I seriously doubt the theives were from here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    After my crash the FWC officer made my wife provide documentation on the SD motor in her GPR that I crashed. This was in Brevard where there is pratically no theft, especially jetskis. She had the reciept from PPG for the motor paperclipped to the boat title and he was satisfied. Then he released to SeaTow which are theives in themselves. I'm sure all of the FWC offices are communicating with each other about the huge problems in SoFl and Orlando/Tampa. I've heard of people getting searched at lakes in Orlando but they have to be doing something wrong in the first place. Don't think they can do a search without cause but I could be wrong.
    I agree, however, you don't see a whole lot of FWC down here, mostly local police and sheriff. Versus on the K and perhaps the St. Johns, you don't see a lot of local police, though you see the FWC. I have seen FWC at the K twice in the 3 years of riding there, and the numerous times I have been to St. John's, you usually see them out on the weekends.

My buddy that I spoke to didn't have to provide the police with documentation of his doo motor in his GPR, and again, from what i have heard, they have been only focusing on SHO motors down here. Maybe different for different parts of the state. Who knows.

Also, I am 99% sure the po po can pull over any boat without probable cause..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information