Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new 2007 rxp owner..fist mod

i have now a stock low hour rxp now.what would be a good first mod or maybe 2 for topend?

prob not going to do much more than that to it.

also whats a good free mod?

well for one how many hours do you have? youll probably have to change or rebuild your supercharger so I would start there. If your not looking to spend crazy money I would just do a 3 riva intake with a GEN II wheel if you can find one used. IF not you can get a pretty good deal on an X charger but you would need to buy 42lb injectors and get a 4 fizzle intake with a prop.

so just to recap. If you keep your stock supercharger the rebuild kit is $300 when you could get an x charger for around $450 thats already done with metal washers and just get 42lb injectors which youll be flying.

just search free mods in the search. You could start by filling the ride plate holes

it has 33 hours.im not looking to go that crazy....i was thinking more of a good mod or two without digging into the engine that deep.

Banned User
    +1
    Check the SC, if the clutches are OEM then a simple swap on them with a set of Riva units. Do that before you ride again...

Let it breath a little better with a 4" intake setup, go with a Fizzle...simple.

As for the hull, swap to a Riva Intake Grate...and if you want to ditch the OPAS, you can go with a set of blockoffs...

OH, and if you are feeling you want to add some "bite" to it, go with a simple exhaust kit using a thru-hull outlet. It will open you up to future exhaust setups...

The only thing you would have to do after all that is either tweak your OEM prop, or swap to a 14/19...

Other than the prop, what I listed above will be under $800 and will be a reliable setup that will let your motor live a LOT longer with an easier life...

Quote Originally Posted by coolshirt View Post
    it has 33 hours.im not looking to go that crazy....i was thinking more of a good mod or two without digging into the engine that deep.
    Thing is modding these skis isn't cheap but what danny said is a good start even then your still digging into your pocket. You want to make the ski reliable and the one flaw is the charger washers so I would get that changed asap.

+1
    Do a front 4" diameter air intake (Fizzle kit in online store), fill in the ride plate bolt holes (there is a how to write up on this), R&D or Riva intake grate (I prefer the hookup and the handling of the R&D over the Riva but the R&D is about 1mph slower than the Riva), have the stock prop repitched or pick up a Solas 14/19R and call it good. Simple setup that will do 71-72mph.

If you are interested in the Riva grate I have a used one in good shape sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by usaf_mike View Post
    well for one how many hours do you have? youll probably have to change or rebuild your supercharger so I would start there. If your not looking to spend crazy money I would just do a 3 riva intake with a GEN II wheel if you can find one used. IF not you can get a pretty good deal on an X charger but you would need to buy 42lb injectors and get a 4 fizzle intake with a prop.

so just to recap. If you keep your stock supercharger the rebuild kit is $300 when you could get an x charger for around $450 thats already done with metal washers and just get 42lb injectors which youll be flying.

just search free mods in the search. You could start by filling the ride plate holes
    where can you get an X charger for $450?

Same here I want a X for $450!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    where can you get an X charger for $450?
    From someone desperate to off load one. Going rate is 5-550. Good luck.

+1
    i have now a stock low hour rxp now.what would be a good first mod or maybe 2 for topend?

prob not going to do much more than that to it.

also whats a good free mod?
    Keep it stock. Replace the SCer washers and do free mods and ride and enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information