+1

Maintaining your ski during the season is a must.

Took the Pro out yesterday. it ran great all day. jumped a lot of big wakes. had a lot of fun on it. Got to the launch, took it out and revved it to get the water out and came home as usual.

Usually my routine is to check out the entire ski first before I go.. strainer,grease thru hull bearing,hoses,battery inlet screen, water valve position.ete...

This morning I go to check it out because I am going out on it today. I open the hood and what do I find? The jetworks valve has fallen off the line! I was like HOLY SHIT. I could have burned the thing up today.

The hose fell off on 1 side. The inlet side before the valve. Delrin ball looked good. Pissers were running while riding so no burn down. must of fell off when I blew out the water on the ramp..

But man.. thats a serious reminder to check EVERYTHING,,,,as we say.........

Checked the forward strainer also and it had a good size clump of green in it . more than enough to clog the jetworks valve. The lake has grown green beards here and there. I sucked weeds yesterday too in the inlet. I knew better though,, no power means weeds!

Darrin, Maybe those otieker clamps are the way to go huh? Looks like in this instance, it would of prevented this from happening. Especially when you can't monitor it while riding. besides watching the pissers every now and then, but that may be too late too.That goes for all the hoses. Those T-clamps are probably better to use than the ss.clamps too.

15 mins later... Damm,,, My big strainer was about 85% full of green. almost plugged.
    Neat cleat was becoming loose also. Tightened that up. Everything looks good to go ..Check your skis out close, the ski can be different when you get back from riding..just look at what I found.

+1
    i have NEVER had a zip tied or hose clamped line fall off you guys need to start tightening things the right way LOL

+1
    it wasnt a zip tie.it was a clamp.i saw what happened. All the other clamps had extra material coming out of the end after you tightened them up. this particular clamp just barely made it around the hose to tighten the clamp. Probably became loose not having enough bite on it. I put on a new one like the others are. Shouldnt have a problem. I think that clamp I had on there was for a smaller hose. Glad i caught it in time.

Thread Information