Thread: Oil in hull.

Oil in hull.

I have a 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x. I noticed oil in the hull a couple weeks ago. I checked the oil and it was a quart low. I completely cleaned all the oil out of the hull. Filled the oil in the engine to specs and went to the lake. When I got home there was oil in the hull again. Im guessing I have a leaking gasket or something. Anyone else had this problem, or any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks.

+1
    Never seen it, check the oil filter first then work your way around it. Clean it up and fire it up on water hose.

This is probably not your problem but, just in case, you might want to check to make sure that your catch can is still in place. I lost mine somehow and started noticing some oily water collecting in the hull. Since it only takes 5secs to check, it might be worth it.

have a 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x. I noticed oil in the hull a couple weeks ago. I checked the oil and it was a quart low. I completely cleaned all the oil out of the hull. Filled the oil in the engine to specs and went to the lake. When I got home there was oil in the hull again. Im guessing I have a leaking gasket or something. Anyone else had this problem, or any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks.

I have recently had an engine overhaul after a blown head gasket and experienced a similar thing with oil loss and pooling in hull. Have sent it back to dealership to fix. got to be a gasket or oil filter. My independant non jawasaki mech stated it needed a engine rebuild to be sure but that is my only experience. not much help i know but Kawasaki in Abu Dhabi are Dire!

I have the same problem on my Ultra 260. I top it up and it pumps the oil out immediately, followed by the oil pressure warning coming on (audible signal) immediately. Hope the engine still ok, but cant see what is going on below.
    If it is the oil piping, I looks like it is impossible to repair anything without removing the engine. Anybody experienced with that ?

Thread Information