Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

2012 rxpx got to ride it..

really sharp looking ski...

it was 1 to 2+ choppy wind driven washing machiene today..over in tampa clearwater..

got to ride it..it accelerates awsome..considering it is stock..was accually surpridsed ...probably because it never comes unhooked....goes through the 2 ft chop awsome..flat out ..just cut righ tthrough it..the seat feels much better than the rxp...cant really say about the handeling..because it was so choppy..but will say i tried just turning the bars..cruzing along..it didnt want to turn at all just turning the bars you have to lean it like a bike..it is something i think is good but you need to adjust your style..and i didnt get that really done in the 10 15 min i rode it...i would like to ride it on some smooth ewater and see..i was very impresses with it in the choppy conditions today comparing it to my rxp

there were a few over there today...what was your impression

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    but will say i tried just turning the bars..cruzing along..it didnt want to turn at all just turning the bars you have to lean it like a bike..it is something i think is good but you need to adjust your style..
    Interesting.

another thing i think i am going to have a hard time convincing jen it is the ski she wants..because they told her...it didnt like 2 up...unless you passenger stayed with you like on a motorcycle ..she had her daughter with her so she wouldnt ride ..they only had the rxpx there no gtx gtr or rxpx..

the guy did say tfor straight haulling butt ..the rxtx was better because of the step...but for cornering the rxpx is the way to go..said they are both good in the chop...

so we went to the tampa aquraium to make the long trip a little more worth the time in the car..

+1
    It stays hooked very nice........ and I see why they added the new seat design , with that new hull if you didnt have any other way to hold on.. you'd be sitting in the water. Very nice ski.

It's a different animal.

+1
    Interesting about the turning. Do you think they will get complaints of people wrecking because 'it wouldn't turn' excuses?

it is so hard to day my rxp does weird stuff sometimes in that stuff..the water just isnt on the hull like normal..and like i said i was only in it for 10 miniuts or so...hardly enough time to get used to something..

it was a really difficult day to ride and really feel what the ski was doing..other that slice through the chop...omg does it do that..

that is kinda whay i was wanting to get other peoples opinions...in know most of the hard core florida members made there way over i only saw jason kevin and possibly treeman not sure if that was him or not he was on anouther ski out on the water.....that i knew as gh members..there may have been others there today but not that i knew buy face..

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I rode Kevin's demo on Saturday, and was really impressed with how it stays hooked up! I personally had no issues with it not wanting to turn... that hull carves HARD I can't wait to hop on one in smoother conditions. Saying that it doesn't turn when your riding in 2-3 ft. washing machine chop.... is an unfair statment IMO. If you grab a handfull of bars on that thing..... your gonna be swimming! I see why they designed the seat the way they did.... cause you need to lock your legs into that beast to hold onto it when turning hard.

ya i agree it did turn hard..when i got it leaned over..adn is awsome..i was just going along at like 25 and just turned the bars..and it didnt seem to do anything..until i leaned it over...just different.

+1
    weird the one we rode stuck so hard it was crazy!

like i said as long as you commit and lean it..i agree just wondering if any one else wasjust going aloing and just turned the bars and what it did..sounds like it just must have been on a wave or something.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information