99 xp limited bog issue

Im almost to a perfect" little boat" as my 2yr old calls it. I was having an issue with pulling the throttle all the way and it dies. I adjusted the throttle cable a bit and now its a little better. If i start out slowly and feather until it gets going, then i can go wot with no problems. I have read in other posts about trying it on reserve and changing my tempo lines. Kinda curious why it will go wide open with no problems but starting out it acts up. Dont know if its not enough fuel or flooding. I will check the plugs in the morning. Could it have to do with my cable and the tps?

Quote Originally Posted by djheils83 View Post
    Im almost to a perfect" little boat" as my 2yr old calls it. I was having an issue with pulling the throttle all the way and it dies. I adjusted the throttle cable a bit and now its a little better. If i start out slowly and feather until it gets going, then i can go wot with no problems. I have read in other posts about trying it on reserve and changing my tempo lines. Kinda curious why it will go wide open with no problems but starting out it acts up. Dont know if its not enough fuel or flooding. I will check the plugs in the morning. Could it have to do with my cable and the tps?
    I have the same machine with the same issue. I just cleaned the fuel filters, one in each carb, and they were filthy. Haven't had a chance to lake test yet to see if it worked. However, with mine, if you literally just flipped the choke lever very quickly...don't pull it out and hold, just flip it.....while throttling it would always speed up the process and get you to wot immediately. I don't recommend this as a permanent fix since your craft is probably running too lean, but if you have a trip planned or want to get the main fix done over winter this should/might get you by.

Tested it today and the cleaning made a huge difference. Still not right though. I can pin it from a dead stop and it flys. If i just want to go slow, it dies. I can hold at 4,000 rpm and higher and its just fine. Could it be the smaller jet or does the main do all the work all of the time?

Pilot jets were plugged. Cleaned, reassembled and now works the way it was supposed to.

Need to find an umbrella style check valve for the accelerator pump. Mine was deteriated and have a slight hesitation without it. If anyone knows where to find one, please let me know. Thanks

Thread Information