Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rrfpr questions( begi, riva, rude controller)

ok so i am totaly in a bind right now. i have been looking at the rrfpr but am not sure as to what is the best way to go. everyone says riva is the simplest set up to go. but can only adjust wot afr. then guys have been recomending the begi 2035s because you can do idle mid and wot but alot of guys have trouble getting these things set right. the final system i am looking at is the rude controller. which you can set every rpm but its harder to tune, you need a lap top and it is more expensive. so i need some insight on what you guys are running and good and bad experiences.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    ok so i am totaly in a bind right now. i have been looking at the rrfpr but am not sure as to what is the best way to go. everyone says riva is the simplest set up to go. but can only adjust wot afr. then guys have been recomending the begi 2035s because you can do idle mid and wot but alot of guys have trouble getting these things set right. the final system i am looking at is the rude controller. which you can set every rpm but its harder to tune, you need a lap top and it is more expensive. so i need some insight on what you guys are running and good and bad experiences.
    Go with the Riva comes preset a 60psi hook it up to rise and pretty much forget about it.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1307

If you are going to add the intercooler you will also want to add the solas 15/20r and the adjustable venturi nozzle with 81mm ring.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=12

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=374

+1
    +1. The riva is a great kit. Less than 10 mins install time.

In regards to the 81 mm nozzle, are you wanting top end or acceleration? You going with the et 137?

+1
    GET THE RIVA RRFPR......... whats your issue with that? put it on .. adjust... ride.... simple!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    GET THE RIVA RRFPR......... whats your issue with that? put it on .. adjust... ride.... simple!
    You been hanging out with BeerDart again?

+1
    The Riva is the easiest, quickest option. The begi is nice but too complicated for the average guy to tune. The Rude controller is the absolute best but yes your right is does cost more and it takes a little time to learn but not much at all. I learned it (with snoman's help) pretty much in a couple of hours, its a very nice tuning part!!!

+1
    i set my ski up in under 1/2 hour......... easy.. 11.2 idle 13.5ish mid range and 11.8-11.9 WOT easy... he is running an x.... only provides .5 more pd boost than my et wheel from art as he claims...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    i set my ski up in under 1/2 hour......... easy.. 11.2 idle 13.5ish mid range and 11.8-11.9 WOT easy... he is running an x.... only provides .5 more pd boost than my et wheel from art as he claims...
    It took me less than 10 minutes to install. I did it at the launch. Made one pull and made 1 adjustment. I was done. It doesn't get any easier. Go with the riva.

as mentioned by others, i have the mod bug and just keep going. i hate doing things twice and taking the cheap route out because you always end up buying again and spent double the money. i like to set myself up for future mods. once i go bigger in one spot i do not want to have to get rid of first fuel system to support more mods. and once i start tuning i alway keep seeking. so only being able to fine tune one end seems kind half ass. being able to fine tune the whole power band is excellent option for only a couple more bucks if i can do it. right now i like the acceleration because i can not stay hooked up on top end right now. and no offence to jerry but i can get most of the parts posted in those links for almost 100 off his price.

would also just like to find out guys have said that the riva kit is not an actual one to one rise. i was wondering if anyone could confirm this or if its a load of bull?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information