Shops are really this stupid?

Thought you guys would like this story. My buddy bought a 2011 GTI 130 around the same time i bought my new ski. He came up to his 10 hour service and didn't want to do it himself....even though i offered to help him or just do it myself. Well the dealership was gonna charge $150 for the oil change, so he decided to price some places. He found a local motorsports place that does service and sells parts and equipment but not new units, to do it for $90 parts and labor.

They called him and told him the unit was done. When he picked it up they said they only got 2.7 quarts of oil out of it because they couldn't figure out how to start it. How stupid can you be? Even if you couldn't figure it out, google it. I told him it was probably a good thing they couldn't figure it out because they probably would've thought they could leave it run indefinitely since it is closed loop cooling.

Anyway, now hes got 2.7 quarts of amsoil and .5 quarts BRP ..... chalk it up to lesson learned I guess. I since showed him what to buy and what to do, needless to say he's gonna start doing it himself. The good news is that he only had to buy 3 quarts of oil

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The most I ever get out is 3.3 qts.....so they actually didn't do to bad for not following the oil change procedure. You'll never get it all out, factory specs for a bone dry engine is 4.1 qts.

+1
    I once took my old modified 99xp to a shop because it went completely dead in the water. I mean completely dead absolutely nothing....Brought it in and next day they called me saying i needed a new MPEM. This ski was highly moddified, it had a les MPEM in it so it wasn't going to be cheap to replace. I reluctantly drove up to the shop and picked the ski up. Fortunately the previous owner of the ski dsolie told me to bring it down to him so he could look at it because he said those MPEM's just dont fry. Long story short he found a 15amp fuse that had gone missing. So instaed of 1400 to replaced my re-mapped MPEM i spent $1.40....needless to say ive never gone back.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    The most I ever get out is 3.3 qts.....so they actually didn't do to bad for not following the oil change procedure. You'll never get it all out, factory specs for a bone dry engine is 4.1 qts.
    Oh i know it wasn't that bad.... but it was just funny they didn't even know how to start it LOL, google it! I really do hate having to wake the ski up, insert key, wait for beeps, then start it. It gets old. also that it always starting in touring mode.

Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    I once took my old modified 99xp to a shop because it went completely dead in the water. I mean completely dead absolutely nothing....Brought it in and next day they called me saying i needed a new MPEM. This ski was highly moddified, it had a les MPEM in it so it wasn't going to be cheap to replace. I reluctantly drove up to the shop and picked the ski up. Fortunately the previous owner of the ski dsolie told me to bring it down to him so he could look at it because he said those MPEM's just dont fry. Long story short he found a 15amp fuse that had gone missing. So instaed of 1400 to replaced my re-mapped MPEM i spent $1.40....needless to say ive never gone back.
    Wow, nice!

Thread Information