12-24-2006, 02:58 PM #1
Fercho V-Force 3 [100 Hour] Inspection
Just did a 100 hour top end inspection of my motor. I do this every 50 hours to keep a baseline of my motors health.
Here are some things I found and things I did.
* Intake manifold and carb bolts a tad loose. ( needs extra drop of blue LT )
* Dissasembled carbs and cleaned inlet filters (very dirty)
* Carefully took reeds out and used razor blade to carefully separate gaskets from plates (perfect)
* Inspected VF3' petals; they are PERFECT ! Not a fray or chip !
* Inspected piston wash
* Took all 6 T-handles out and cleaned/regreased them and checked position on all.
* Ordered NEW head gasket and base gasket (I don't re-use none of them)
* I will reassemble the cage's gaskets again with red marine grease like I did the first time as this was perfect when it came to take them apart.
The V-Force 3 Reeds are WORTH every PENNY !!!
I'll post again at my next 100 hour inspection
Last edited by RX951; 12-24-2006 at 03:15 PM.
12-24-2006, 03:24 PM #2
Billie on the intake gaskets someone posted awhile back ago about trying the 03 intake gasket for the reeds so I bought one and they are perfect for the reed cover plate over the VF-III's they fit perfect over the reed stuffers the holes match all holes in the cover plate except that you have to punch the 6 holes for the carb bolts.
60T-13556-00-00 GASKET, MANIFOLD $10.46
12-24-2006, 05:15 PM #3
12-24-2006, 09:50 PM #4
BIllie is that with a Reed Stuffer ?
12-24-2006, 09:51 PM #5
12-25-2006, 12:13 AM #6
Hello Billie way over 200 hours on mine with no issues at all.
12-25-2006, 12:18 AM #7
12-25-2006, 08:08 AM #8
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM #9
Thats the one! I owe Swamped some thanks for saving me a bunch of time. I will post some pictures later of the various gaskets, I have four different kinds and none match what you have in your photo. The OEM one is the better rubber like material used on the 1200 intake gasket I believe this will seal much better than the paper gaskets.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Bigwaveday in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
By Bigwaveday in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-18-2010, 08:51 PM
By grcmptrnrd in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
By Mark S in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 08-16-2005, 11:25 AM