Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP rocker shaft differences and oil feed sizes

I have an 06 Rxp I am working on and we used a 05 RXP block not knowing there were a few things different. I got it running once I fixed the cam sensor problem but now found out I should have removed the oil jet in the 05 block. Does anybody know the oil feed size on the 05 rxp rocker shaft so I can modify mine or does anybody have one for sell. Thanks

+1
    I *THINK* (uhh-ohh) the late shaft is 2mm and u need to open it up to 6mm. I think a couple others can and should confirm this b4 u drill....

I did find the late shift is 2mm on another site, just need to find out the old shaft size now. Thanks 9secZ06. You are alot of help!!

I have an old 05 shaft pm me if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRXP View Post
    I have an old 05 shaft pm me if you want it
    I sent you a message jimmyrxp

THIS WILL NOT WORK! (sorry for the caps, LOL!)

The oil feed on the '05 head is totally different, uses a drilled rail along the whole length of the head to distribute the oil evenly as it is lower pressure than the later system. There are a total of 4 oil passages feeding the rocker shaft on the 05 and earlier heads. You cannot just put a 05 rocker shaft on the head and call it a day; you will starve the #3 rockers for oil.

You need to pull the head and remove the jet from the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    THIS WILL NOT WORK! (sorry for the caps, LOL!)

The oil feed on the '05 head is totally different, uses a drilled rail along the whole length of the head to distribute the oil evenly as it is lower pressure than the later system. There are a total of 4 oil passages feeding the rocker shaft on the 05 and earlier heads. You cannot just put a 05 rocker shaft on the head and call it a day; you will starve the #3 rockers for oil.

You need to pull the head and remove the jet from the block.
    I am using a 06 head

Quote Originally Posted by ridebanshee View Post
    I am using a 06 head
    That is exactly my point! You cannot use a 05 rocker shaft on a 06+ head!

Let me expand this a bit more so you can maybe visualize it. The 05 and earlier system uses a restrictor jet in the block. From there, the oil flows up into the head, and is distributed evenly by a oil rail that runs the length of the head. The oil then flows up to the rocker shaft via 4 channels up to the rocker. The rocker shaft has 4 drilled holes to allow the oil flow evenly the length of the shaft.

In 06, they got rid of the restrictor jet in the block, and got rid of the drilled rail in the head. The oil flows up under higher pressure to the rocker shaft and only is fed with the one small hole on one end.

If you put the 05 rocker shaft on a later head, it will only be fed with the one hole, versus 4 on the 05 head.

Of course, an 05 rocker is far better than what you have now, but to make it right you should pull the head and remove the restrictor in the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    That is exactly my point! You cannot use a 05 rocker shaft on a 06+ head!

Let me expand this a bit more so you can maybe visualize it. The 05 and earlier system uses a restrictor jet in the block. From there, the oil flows up into the head, and is distributed evenly by a oil rail that runs the length of the head. The oil then flows up to the rocker shaft via 4 channels up to the rocker. The rocker shaft has 4 drilled holes to allow the oil flow evenly the length of the shaft.

In 06, they got rid of the restrictor jet in the block, and got rid of the drilled rail in the head. The oil flows up under higher pressure to the rocker shaft and only is fed with the one small hole on one end.

If you put the 05 rocker shaft on a later head, it will only be fed with the one hole, versus 4 on the 05 head.

Of course, an 05 rocker is far better than what you have now, but to make it right you should pull the head and remove the restrictor in the block.
    i thought as long as you used the 04-05 block with the oil pressure jet in the block then you could use a 04-05 rocker shaft on the 06 and newer head ...but you could not use pressure jet in the block with the 06+ rocker shaft i didnt think it mattered the year of the head

The SBT rocker arm shaft is a replacement shaft for the late model Sea-Doo 4-Tec motor. This is the shaft that regulates oil pressure through a 2mm hole in the PTO end of the shaft. This rocker shaft is used on all 2006 - to - present 4-Tec motors.
    Always remember to use new stretch bolts when replacing this shaft.

NOTE:This shaft can be used on all early model 4-TEC motors if the oil pressure check valve is removed from the engine block. DO NOT use with the check valve installed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information