Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everybody

+1

Hey Everybody

Its pretty cool we got our own section now. It is time to resurrect these old beast. I will be installing a Wetwolf AAT cone, removing bilge siphon, and blocking off the pisser in the next few weeks. I am hoping this gets me in the 68-69 mph range this winter. I usually lose 1mph in the summer so I am trying to hit 67-68 in the summer heat. I rode yesterday, the temp was 62 with low humidity and ran 67.2 without being on the buzzer. On the buzzer I think I would have been in the 67.5 range, I was by myself and it was getting chilly, and I was running out of daylight. The only thing I have done recently is sand the hull starting from the pump shoe back to the trim tabs with 40 grit. You can take your fingernail and feel the small groves this puts in the hull. This can't hurt as it should break the surface tension between the hull and the water.
    Last edited by 97GPSLEEPER; 12-24-2006 at 07:05 PM.

When I removed the bilge siphon tube and blocked of the pisser I gained 80 rpms and .3 mph on my raider 1100. Not bad for an 1 hours work and 5 bucks for some JB Weld. I also installed a Rule automatic bilge pump.

Did you notice any gain from sanding the hull?

+1
    It is hard to say if I noticed any gain from sanding the hull. Any gain shown on a GPS would be so small, the next day different weather could erase it all. I am just trying every little thing, they will all add up though.

I'm also interested in using the Wet Wolf Cone. I still have the raider nozzle. I think I'll purchase a 99-gp1200 nozzle, which has the 5-degree up trim. I see that Wet Wolf makes a cone for the 5-degree up nozzle as well.

Does your 97gp still have the original nozzle, If it does there maybe some more speed if you switch to the 99 gp nozzle. A new nozzle is about 60 bucks.
    Something to consider before you buy a Wet Wolf Cone since there is a different cone for this nozzle.

+1
    I have had a 5 degree nozzle ever since they were available.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    The 5 degree nozzle was the best thing I have done to my raider 1100.

I will get one for my raider after I get it back together.

Just want to test and get some numbers first. I've made some big changes to the ski over the past couple of weeks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codemanrose View Post
    The 5 degree nozzle was the best thing I have done to my raider 1100.
    man that is REALLY REALLY fast for a barely tweaked raider. are u hiding something up your sleeve and not sharing???

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanraider View Post
    I'm also interested in using the Wet Wolf Cone. I still have the raider nozzle. I think I'll purchase a 99-gp1200 nozzle, which has the 5-degree up trim. I see that Wet Wolf makes a cone for the 5-degree up nozzle as well.

Does your 97gp still have the original nozzle, If it does there maybe some more speed if you switch to the 99 gp nozzle. A new nozzle is about 60 bucks.
    Something to consider before you buy a Wet Wolf Cone since there is a different cone for this nozzle.
    Is the '99 gp1200 the only one with the 5-degree nozzle? I have a '94 Raider which would have a 144mm pump. Is there anything for me? I see that Pro-tec has a reduction nozzle for a 701 Raider. Thanx.

+1
    The 98 GP's also have the 5 degree nozzle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information