rectifier question?

i have a 96 xp 800 and was told i am need of a new rectifier. I have one ordered wont be here till next week. was wondering if a rectifier from a vstar motorcycle will do the trick till it arrives i got it from a local seadoo tech it has 3 white 1 red and 1 black wire. I have my box apart and i know the rectifier only has 3 yellow and 1 red and no ground. Can i take the 3 whites and connect them to the three yellows and connect the power reds and it should be good or not a chance. also is there an order two the yellow wires or not, i noticed when pulling the yellows off that two from the rectifier are male and one is female why would that be.

thanks guys

Don't bother. The really old skis don't draw much power. I ran one for several weeks with no rectifier; just charged up the battery every night, overnight, ran several hours each day with no problems.

your Rectifier

I have the same ski and was told that I could bypass the rectifier by pulling the fuse...didnt work(tested same day), then tried to mod the wires togeather(didnt work either)I replaced it and ski has ran perfect ever since. I recomend using the proper parts if you dont you could fry the computer due to over voltage and be stuck mid lake

Thread Information