Need a new Prop w potenial for further mods for 11' RXTX As????

Sucked up a rock or something the other day.... Thinking about Stage 1 or so for my ski. I need a prop that will give me the ability to upgrade for future mods. Thinking about speed control module, prop. intake, etc. What prop will be my best bet??????? Thanks

Looks like guys are using Solas 15/22r.... What other mods are biggest bang for the buck???

IMO you need to get the SCOM first, it unlocks the speed limiter and will let you get the gains out of the mods you do. I have done the SCOM, R&D grate, SOLAS prop sent to Speedfreeks and had repitched, Fizzle Catch can and 4" intake. Just depends on how much you wanna spend!

How much are we talking for Speed Control Module (SCOM right?), Intake grate, Solas 15/22, Fizzle, and 4" intake? Ballpark figure??? I know the Module is like $250 and the prop is like $250 but what about everything else? Would it be better to get as a kit from Riva or less expesive elswhere? Thanks

All the prices for the parts are on PWCPerformance.com. I calculated around 1000.00 PLUS the repitch 150.00 AND the shipping/installation of all the parts. I did things more or less piece by piece. SCOM prop and grate, then the others after.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urwheelman View Post
    IMO you need to get the SCOM first, it unlocks the speed limiter and will let you get the gains out of the mods you do. I have done the SCOM, R&D grate, SOLAS prop sent to Speedfreeks and had repitched, Fizzle Catch can and 4" intake. Just depends on how much you wanna spend!
    +1
    SCOM-$250,Impeller-$250,Re-pitch-$140(best $ spent)<<<if you're on a budget. If not you can grab the RIVA stage 1 & RD grate but you still need to be repitched for optimal speed.
    If you have tons of $ - you can reflash/SC upgrade/injectors/wideband/fuel pump/rrfpr/thermostat/grate/rideplate/valvetrain/race pump/etc... maybe even go turbo

+1
    U must do the set-back mod to the prop before it goes in the ski, the stock prop is setback. Not trying to sound all doomsday but if the thrust bearing fails in the motor the block can't be saved....if yours is tight to begin with it has no place to go when u take the last 1/8" away.

Eric can hook u up when he bends the prop, if pitching it yourself a local machinist should be able to handle it.

What the hell is a set back mod?

+1
    About 1/8" is machined off the back of the threaded "button" that secures the prop in the pump, setting the prop closer to the pump veins.

Thread Information