Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IBR reverse bucket is in the way...Need to prop open or remove for repairs???? Help

Can the IBR reverse bucket be manually propped open...? It closes once the ski is turned off. What is the easiest way to remove it for repairs? I have to replace the prop and do not have a service manual. Thanks

+1
    i kno u can move it threw the computer. plug your key in dont start it tho u can go in to setings or options or something ( ill have to pull up how i did it last spring so) u end up using the trim tabs to move it. to let the bucket fall down remove the 2 arms there plastic type (num 20) on the riva page
    http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...&B=15&Action=O

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

procedure

it was posted somewhere...but I ended up downloading a owners manual which explains how to manually lower/overrride the brake. watch your fingers if you are screwing around in there. pull the key and disconnect the battery. Notice those decals all over the thing with the slashed fingers.

The ibs doo's are pretty neat, once I can get around the hovercraft type look and all those electric motors and 4 ecu's. A real pain to service for me. I'm working up a specific price list for this model as everything is far more difficult.

+1
    I posted this thread in the "How To" section, 2010-RXT-X-260-iBR-Gate-Removal-Jet-Pump-amp-Venturi-Removal-Impeller-Removal:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...peller-Removal

Read your Owners Manual. There is a procedure to over ride the iBr to raise the gate for access. Some thing like this:

1. wake up ski with red start button
    2. put key on post
    3. hit Mode - Settings - Ibr OVR
    4. hit set "IBR OVR - ON"
    5. Hit VTS up button several times and it will raise gate
    6. verify gate open
    7. remove key
    8. disconnect battery - if removing iBR, pump, impeller etc

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    well two out of eight ain't bad for the old man eh? I needed the manual to find the battery <sly grin>

Or you can use CANDoo and manually move it to the position you need and hit lock. When done hit unlock to resume it's normal operation. Which is really just doing the same thing you are doing with the buttons. Make sure you are getting a fault for the lock or it's not locked! It should throw a fault while it's locked just so you know it's locked. I would still advise to disconnect the battery, I could see how you could easily get hurt after working on mine.

Thanks Guys... Info. is much appreciated

Do you have to remove the door to get at the pump/impeller to replace the impeller or can you just prop it open by diconnecting the battery etc?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Do you have to remove the door to get at the pump/impeller to replace the impeller or can you just prop it open by diconnecting the battery etc?
    You obviously have NOT read the "how to" documents right out of the dang Shop manual I provided to you! Look, you can't cut corners with this stuff, do it right and take your time. If you can't, then you better pull your wallet out and take it someone who can do your work for you!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    You obviously have NOT read the "how to" documents right out of the dang Shop manual I provided to you! Look, you can't cut corners with this stuff, do it right and take your time. If you can't, then you better pull your wallet out and take it someone who can do your work for you!

JPT7779 is right. If you are not comfortable doing it and cannot understand the manual, take it to the dealer. It has to be done correctly or it will cost you way more than a prop and wear ring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information