+1

Help identifying parts that appeared during rebuild 99 xl 700 62T - Spring/washers

Just finishing rebuilding a 701 62T. did upper unit and found leaking seals on leakdown, pulled the engine and took off the lower half to clean/reseal and put the unit back into the ski. Can anyone tell me where these parts may have came from or not come from???? spring with two washers. Dont remember seeing these anywhere. Have been meticulously putting parts in ziplocks and labeling them and just dont remember seeing these. could have been something I found while cleaning out the hull that got stuck in a rag, may have fallen off of something internally to the engine (where i dont know...) or externally. extra parts are never good.

Found them sitting in my foot rail with my tools. May be someting completely different but it looks like there was two stroke oil on the parts......

SD card for size reference. almost feel like its carb but dont see anything missing......could it be from starter or magneto? did pull starter gear out of housing with flywheel but dont remember seeing anything like this....oil pump???? dont see any springs in the service manual....Really nervous i messed up something. If you dont know what its from can you assure me what its NOT from? ie engine internals, magneto, etc? Thanks for any help that you can think of.

+1
    I would think it goes on the idle adjustment on your carbs where the idle adjustment comes into contact with the throttle valve.

It is your bendix spring in your front cover. You have a hole in the front cover: a washer, then spring, then washer, and finally the bedix goes in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bendix.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	251685  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    It is your bendix spring in your front cover. You have a hole in the front cover: a washer, then spring, then washer, and finally the bedix goes in.
    Looks like you beat me too it...same conclusion I can up with in his other thread

when i did my gpr 1200 engine rebuild (carberetted) i was left with 3 small o-rings, the new top end kit came with new the same 3 o-rings but i couldnt find where i took the old ones off, ive got no leaks and the motor runs sweet so... obviously isnt crusial :S anyone know where they might go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Much indebtedness to you and Cutlass!!!! thats the missing spot. must have been stuck in the flywheel cover when I took it off and fell out afterwards. It was driving me crazy last night thinking....just finished rebuild....good compression....leak down passed with flying colors.....engine back in boat.....extra pieces.....time to turn in the mechanics tools.....

Be sure when you put them back in, put a ton of grease in there to hold them in. A lot of times the washer will jump out and onto the flywheel from the magnet and cause damage. The grease will hold everything in place when you put the cover back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Josh View Post
    when i did my gpr 1200 engine rebuild (carberetted) i was left with 3 small o-rings, the new top end kit came with new the same 3 o-rings but i couldnt find where i took the old ones off, ive got no leaks and the motor runs sweet so... obviously isnt crusial :S anyone know where they might go?
    The three o rings are probably for the powervalves. You probably didnt change them and I wouldnt worry. Double check though, its not hard to pull that third one out.

Thread Information