Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accident At Sea

Unhappy Accident At Sea

So I have had my 07 GPR for 5 days and went out with a few mates today and were jumping so wake caused by boats. When I was going forward and i had another GPR stopped sideways in front of me so I let off the throttle and then bang a GP1200 slammed into the side of me and has cracked my hull and he reckons its my fault for slowing down and to top it off he has no insurance.

Its fair to say im not very happy

that sucks man, unfortunately its all too common. I try to have some riding etiquette with my buddies and always tell my girl never to approach me head on (as i was once in a head on collision). Good luck fixing it!

at least you are not hurt. This is why I stay as far away from other boats

Quote Originally Posted by skyline2962 View Post
    that sucks man, unfortunately its all too common. I try to have some riding etiquette with my buddies and always tell my girl never to approach me head on (as i was once in a head on collision). Good luck fixing it!
    I always tell the girls head first.On a serious note glad that everyone was ok and nobody was hurt. I would get a police report and take it to an attorney. What happened to the law of 100ft from all boats. It sucks but that is why we all should have insurance so we don't have to go to the courts. Hope all is well in the end. A ski can always be fixed or replaced a life can't.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    A ski can always be fixed or replaced a life can't.
    True

+1
    Not sure how right of way works, but may take some research to see who is truly at fault. Basically good to keep a certain distance from each other... kind of like establishing proximity. Glad you did not get hit by the ski and only had property loss. Better a repaired hull than a knee, leg or worse.

+1
    If he has bow damage and you have damage on the side of your craft, it becomes a no brainer..... He ran into you and should have yeilded right of way.

+1
    Sounds like that gut needs a blanket party. If you are ever in that situation again take control and gun it out of the way. I have had so many people with the deer in the head light look, all most hit me. My dad did it to me one too. I ride like every ones out to get me. Only had a few bump and some close calls. Hopefully fixing your ski will go smooth with less pain a possible. I glad your not hurt. do you have some pictures of your ski?

Did he hit you on the port or starboard side? It would be extremely easy to prove it was his fault if he hit the port side. The navigation light would have been red for him and green for you...

But I think either way he's at fault. You were practically a sitting duck and he hit you... that's just not paying attention to your surroundings.

navigation light?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information