Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sl electrical prob.

got the sl 650 all together hooked up and ready to go. went for the first start sicne the rebuild and all i here is like a tick tick noise when i try to turn it over ( like a dead battery). it is sending no power to the stator. Its coiming from the small black box in the electrical box. does anybody happen to know the problem?

+1
    Did you hook up your starter? If everything is right then either battery is too weak or your starter is bad/locked up.
    The tick tick noise you heard is starter relay making connection.

but i dont hear anything like voltage going to the starter of the starter even trying to turn over. it turned over really slow for a few cranks and nothing now. have a brand new battery and know its charged

+1
    Remove spark plugs and try to turn the engine (the shaft) by hand, it should turn freely if not then it's time to crack the case open for further inspection.

crank case is turning freely, i am not getting a complete circuit. I try to jump the cyliniod and by pass it andi get no power. it seems there is no power going to the cyliniod but yet when i hit the start button i hear a ticking noise. but not sending no power to the starter. i just replaced all bearings, crank, whole lower end.

+1
    Bad starter relay
    Bad connection
    Bad starter
    Bad bendix

Somewhere among those 4. A volt meter would help to know if there's any juice going to the starter.

the starter is not turning so rule out bendix, starter isnt turning so im assuming starter isnt bad because no voltage is getting sent to it, i triple checked all connections, and im left on the starter relay. replacing that soon

i tried to bypass the starter relay and i am getting no power to that as well

+1
    Is the starter bendix stuck in the engage postion, this could happen with a low battery or bad starter, or your starter has a dead spot on it, hook it back up normally & try tapping GENTLY on the starter with a hammer while pushing the starter button.

figured it out, thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information