+1

1997 GP 760 electrical issue

Working on a 1997 GP 760, The motor turns over for about 5 sec. and then cuts out and may or may not fire in that time but either way after around 5 sec. their is nopower and it will not turn over at all until the main fuse is disconnected and reconnected and then the process starts all over? Any idea's from the seadoo experts out their?
    thx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WAVEATER View Post
    Working on a 1997 GP 760, The motor turns over for about 5 sec. and then cuts out and may or may not fire in that time but either way after around 5 sec. their is nopower and it will not turn over at all until the main fuse is disconnected and reconnected and then the process starts all over? Any idea's from the seadoo experts out their?
    thx
    Okay so I'm not getting any responses here. Let me tell you what i do know, it is very obviously an elecrical issue as the starter circuit does not respond as if the battery were disconnected until you disconnect and reconnect the fuse as stated above. I have eliminated all components in the electronics box as possible causes. as I am able to reistablish power by way of breaking the fuse link and reconnecting it, it is not the start button and probably not the kill switch circuit either. I am assuming it has something to do with the lock out switches, or what ever their called on the gauges panel, the A,B,C buttons, I don't know if the gauge cluster and buttons are related to the starter circuit and if they are bad would cause this problem?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    unplug all non necessary electrical. ie gauges and trim. then see if it fires. you may also want to check the grounds. you can check this by taking jumpercables from the battery to the ss bolt on the head pipe. other than that I am thinking that the MPEM is going bad. have you tried to replace that yet and see if it will run?

Quote Originally Posted by WAVEATER View Post
    Okay so I'm not getting any responses here. Let me tell you what i do know, it is very obviously an elecrical issue as the starter circuit does not respond as if the battery were disconnected until you disconnect and reconnect the fuse as stated above. I have eliminated all components in the electronics box as possible causes. as I am able to reistablish power by way of breaking the fuse link and reconnecting it, it is not the start button and probably not the kill switch circuit either. I am assuming it has something to do with the lock out switches, or what ever their called on the gauges panel, the A,B,C buttons, I don't know if the gauge cluster and buttons are related to the starter circuit and if they are bad would cause this problem?
    You might get more responces in the Yamaha section.

+1
    i was gonna say wth is a gp 760...

Check both sensor wire connecters on stinger...Temp sensor exc....if those are not connected or sensor is bad it will do like you are saying...some people jump with resistors to check..

after 5 sec. start hit stop button then start see if the 5sec. start works again..

+1
    Thanks for the help guys. I was in Seadoo classifieds doing a WTB ad and jumped in here without thinking and should have gone over to Yamaha. Duh, to many things going through my head and doin this on my I-phone don't help. But regardless you guys gave me some good ideas that I will check. Moved on to a couple other ski's till I heard from the forum. Will let you know the results when I get back on it. Thanks guys.

Thread Information