Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 r-12x wont go over 45

I have an 03 r-12x with 270 hours that just a week ago would do 58 mph and rev normally, and now it wont go over 45 and wont rev past 5400 when riding. i changed the plugs, oil, oil filter didnt change a thing. then i tested waste gate selonoid and it worked, at idle you could blow air through it but off you couldnt. then i put air to the waste gate actuator and it moves freely. when its on the trailer and running it you pin it the actuator going to the waste gate barely moves..... not sure what to try next... read somthing about them not reving all the way when there cold, maybe a sensor is messed??? about ready to burn it lol

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

Check the voltage

Check the voltage at the connector to the seleniod. Should be 8 volts dc I think.
    I would replace it if voltage checks out ok.

I check the voltage at the waste gate selinoid and I only have 6 volts. what should I do now do you have any suggestions?

+1
    The WGS uses a PWM signal not voltage. Could you have a boost leak? 58 is slow for an R12X, you might have serious problems. Do a compression check, you might have popped a valve keeper off. If compression is OK, the pull the line off the WGActuator and ride it WOT for a 40 second burst and see if it gives an FI overboost alarm.

What should each cylinder have for compression?

+1
    Around 170 PSI with battery charged, all plugs out and throttle WOT. Make sure the hole adapter on the end of the hose is wrench-tight or it will unscrew inside the sparkplug tunnel and you will be Hat'in It.....

+1
    Sounds like it only building a few psi of boost... Like jax said unhook vac lines to wga or wgs and see if it don't boost high and fi. If u role the throttle slow up to wot u should be able to reach 62ish in speedo before it fi codes. But if u punch it it should fi within 5sec if turbo/wga was working correctly

im heading to a lake today, gonna see if itll over boost. i also sucked all the gas out of it because i put 87 in it one time and thought maybe it had some bad gas in it or water in it. putting 100 octane fuel in it today and gonna go try it again. thanks for all the help. hopefully i figure this terd out lol ill let you kno what happens today

ok so today i took the line off of the waste gate actuator and rode it. the ski ripped. it reved like it should, and went 60. also i got the warning light for the over boost so im asuming that the turbo is working fine. when i tested the waste gate selonoid when the ski was running and i blew through the selonoid, i could blow through it but it wasnt free and it pulsated. so i am hoping that a new selonoid will fix my problem.

+1
    Make sure the internal pill restrictor is still inside the 1" long hose coming right off the turbo. The hole in it is .030

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information