+1

Water in oil Issue

ok here is what i have to go on. Ive got a 2006 rxp with a 3 rude and all the supporting mods. Arp headstuds on the top end. first started out missing and the afr going way high (16's). ran it a little but not very long . the missfire would come into play when the WOT was applied and would just fall on its face. well i figured it was a bad injector so was gonna replace those. (bosch 50's)

anyway pulled the plugs and 2 of them had a lot of buildup and orange deposits on them (rust maby?) looked at the dipstick and the oil is milky

Here is my theory
    the cylinder (s) that the injector was working made it heat up (due to lack of fuel)and subsequently blow the head gasket. any help would be great.

first priority is to find out why the thing has white oil and next is to address the misfire.
    THANKS

+1
    hopefully someone has some insight

+1
    ok maby this could be my problem...ive got my pcv catch can piped out into the water. i might have left that valve open. would there be any way water could get into the motor via the pcv system. ?

+1
    alright got a leakdown tester and all seems to be well but my compression is a little low on two of the cylinders. got 135 on cylider 1 but only 120 on cylinder 2 and 3. cant hear any air coming out of the water jacket opening on the head, but do hear air coming out of the crankcase. Everyone is on holiday but me i guess!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Uhh...you've got to pressure test the cooling system w.plugs out then spin the engine and see if you get any coolant bellagioing out of the engine

best hopes it's the head gasket, the alternative carry significant pain

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    alright got a leakdown tester and all seems to be well but my compression is a little low on two of the cylinders. got 135 on cylider 1 but only 120 on cylinder 2 and 3. cant hear any air coming out of the water jacket opening on the head, but do hear air coming out of the crankcase. Everyone is on holiday but me i guess!

+1
    well i took the intercooler off (riva gen 2) and it was full of water. pressure tested it and sure enough it had a major leak in it. soooo.... i guess my problem has been found. now its time to order some parts. looking at the xs intercooler, seems to be a quality piece

+1
    Glad to see you got her diagnosed, know get her dialed with that 3 rude

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    well i took the intercooler off (riva gen 2) and it was full of water. pressure tested it and sure enough it had a major leak in it. soooo.... i guess my problem has been found. now its time to order some parts. looking at the xs intercooler, seems to be a quality piece
    Glad you found that but now to your difference in comp readings.
    You said you could here air leaking out in crankcase. What were your leak down numbers on the lower comp pistons.?

+1
    well the crappy harbor freight guage said 15 percent on all cylinders. i didnt warm the engine up before doing the test so my readings could be off. you dont have an extra intercooler laying around do you Steven? gonna change the oil a few times today and run it for a few mins and then check it.

Thread Information