Angry pto cyl full of gas after carb rebuild pos XPL

so i had the carbs rebuilt by a guy on my 99 xpl that has coffman pipe microtouch and jetted with flame arrestors.(all mods wwere done by previous owner) Has 170 high jets 85 low jets using accel pump with 1.5 turns out high and 1.25 lows was gonna go tune on the water today. Started it up and it was running ok then it went to 5k and stayed there so i pulled the key out and it started deseling for a few secounds then i hit the throttle and it died. Later i go to start it up and the motor turns over and then locks. It wont turn over so i pull the raves on both cylanders and the pto cyl is FULL of gas.(WHAT THE F*#K???) I pull the pulse line and i drained about 3 pop cans worth of gas out of the motor. And it turns over now but i havent started it back up . Im thinking about just taking this junk to the shop before i have a fire in my back yard with it. Any ideas what is going on?

+1
    Your needle and seats are stuck open.Did you ever check the pop off for the N/S ???

Pull the plugs out and turn off fuel, ground the plug leads (important or it will go BOOM and then you will have a black melted hull and singed eyebrows at the very least) In a well ventilated place preferably outside in the wind crank it over very small bursts at first like 1 second at a time and do this until all the fuel has pumped itself out.Be careful if the cases are full of fuel you can break a reed or blow a seal so small steps first.
    Your carbys are not set up, you need to go over them again or give them to someone that knows how to re build them.

Thanks. Yeah that's what my buddy said who I'm takin it to he knows his shit I'm gonna try and have them done by him and figure out the pop off too.

Had the carbs done at a shop Diafram was in backwards missing some stuff in the carbs had them check the jetting its 170 mains 80 lows 2.5 n/s 16 pop off. Setting the highs at 1/4 and lows 1.25 .Gonna get the carbs back on tomorrow and see how she runs. Called a shop in florida referd by coffman exhaust they sudgested 175 mains 90 lows 2.3 n/s 19-23 pop off 1/4 highs 1.25 lows the shop said it should run good with my settings said there comperable with the smaller jets and 2.5 n/s and lower pop off. Any opinions on if this is a comperable jetting combo?

Thread Information