Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

96 XP factory exhaust

I located a 96 XP for sale that was advertised with a Spec II pipe installed. The seller claims that it was original to the ski. So was anything like this offered as a special order from the manufacturer ?

I am thinking that the seller probably purchased the ski with the pipe on it. But he may not be the person that purchased it new.

96 XP factory exhaust

I am almost positive that you could get a spec II pipe on it from the factory.

+1
    After searching the forum even more, looks like the SpecII can be a pain to keep tuned as it likes to eat pistons. Not so much a rec friendly set the carbs and forget it setup. Not wanting another wrench more than ride ski.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    After searching the forum even more, looks like the SpecII can be a pain to keep tuned as it likes to eat pistons. Not so much a rec friendly set the carbs and forget it setup. Not wanting another wrench more than ride ski.
    just buy the ski, put a stock exhaust pipe on there, sell the spec II and move on...
    as long as the price is fair, your good to go.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sell the spec II. they never came as original equipment. someone put it on the ski. take the exhaust back to stock and ride it as is. spec II's love to eat pistons

+1
    thanks for the replies, the ski is not really that great of a deal at this point. Just never heard of that pipe as being any type of option when new.

Looks like in my area people are asking much more for the '96 XPs than what I see them advertised for in other states.

+1
    you can find a decent 96 for around $1800 with a trailer. the deals are always the ones that are mint condition with a blown motor for $500. throw $500 at it and you have a new top end which is most of them need anyway.

+1
    thanks for the info airborne, I am on the lookout for a deal on one or two of them. The one I mentioned that has the SpecII is on a small trailer and he is asking $2300.00 for it.

There were 2 different '99 SPXs for sale in the last two weeks. Both really nice looking with trailers, they sold for $2700.00 and one for $2900.00.
    Last edited by DaveC; 09-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.

+1
    99SPX's are VERY hard to come by so they will come at a premium. there the last of the X-4 hulls and has all the upgrades for that hull/model.

I bet that guy would take $2000. hes trying to bank on all the rework/new parts and overall condition.

thats too much IMO,
    the spec II is nice, and again it can be sold but your net would still be too high in my opinion.
    if they are too high in your area, either
    a) search a wider area
    b) wait for winter, its going to be cold soon and then they are much cheaper, look for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    thanks for the info airborne, I am on the lookout for a deal on one or two of them. The one I mentioned that has the SpecII is on a small trailer and he is asking $2300.00 for it.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/2580807183.html

There were 2 different '99 SPXs for sale in the last two weeks. Both really nice looking with trailers, they sold for $2700.00 and one for $2900.00.

I am sure there will be a deal come along before next season and I will have plenty of questions for you guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information