+1

Some GPR-SHO Conversion Questions from a newb

So I'm new to the whole PWC game as of this year. I come from a background of race quads and work with automotive fuel injection/racing as a living.

I'm considering going the SHO route on my '07 GPR instead of building the two stroke engine. Looks to be the ticket for overall top speed going to four stroke.

First, where are you guys getting your engines? Just waiting until one pops up? Seems as if that may be the hardest part of this project.

Second, what seems to be the going rate on the engines/wiring needed when you do come across a complete SHO assembly? I don't want to make a mistake if I come across one, as well. I have a feeling I'll have to have the cash ready to go when I come across the engine assembly so that it can be snatched up in a hurry...

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but most of those should be easily searched...

+1
    Save yourself the the pain of mixing matching and hoping the engine is good. Just buy a complete running ski since you will need almost everything. Just look at water woody's thread. He had a hard time finding the mid shaft set up with the pump. They are VERY expensive from yamaha. I did the buy a crashed ski from Florida. Wish I would have spent the extra couple dollars and listened to fellow members here. I would have saved a lot of $$ and would have had the ski running a long time ago and $$ ahead.

+1
    I was thinking I should just buy a whole ski, then I contemplated doing a reverse-swap into it with my perfectly good two stroke engine. Sure, it'd be slower in that FX SHO hull, but then my g/f could just ride that. Anybody ever done that one yet? Probably a dumb idea, but it seems to almost make sense for trying to go 100mph with one (GPR-SHO) and having something she could ride at the same time (FX-1300)...

Thread Information