Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triple Pipe RPM Help

took my ski for a run today quickly to see what rpm and speed im getting, weather was a little choppy and bit of wind, ski ran 109kph at 7710 - 7730 rpm.

ski is a gp1200r,
    stock motor,
    stock reeds,
    advent 1290 d60 (7900 rpm limited) ,
    stock head decked 15 thou,
    155psi compression,
    wsm cast platinum pistons,
    factory pipe triples / high glow water box,
    skat trak 13/19R
    stock pump
    stock rideplate
    Riva double bar intake grate
    stock carbys rebuilt with triple pipe jets
    chock plates removed
    ProK flame arrestors

engine only has about 2 hours on it, what are your thoughts on the rpm im getting? what needs to be done now? dont want to spend any more money on mods if i can avoid it... will do more runs in the calm water but thats just toays reading after 10 mins of ridiing...

Rpms look close to ideal. On tripples around 7800rpm is what your looking for. Have you tuned in the carbs yet? A tripple pipe will come alive and pick up a good bit once its tuned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Josh View Post
    took my ski for a run today quickly to see what rpm and speed im getting, weather was a little choppy and bit of wind, ski ran 109kph at 7710 - 7730 rpm.

ski is a gp1200r,
    stock motor,
    stock reeds,
    advent 1290 d60 (7900 rpm limited) ,
    stock head decked 15 thou,
    155psi compression,
    wsm cast platinum pistons,
    factory pipe triples / high glow water box,
    skat trak 13/19R
    stock pump
    stock rideplate
    Riva double bar intake grate
    stock carbys rebuilt with triple pipe jets
    chock plates removed
    ProK flame arrestors

engine only has about 2 hours on it, what are your thoughts on the rpm im getting? what needs to be done now? dont want to spend any more money on mods if i can avoid it... will do more runs in the calm water but thats just toays reading after 10 mins of ridiing...
    For everything you have listed you should be faster than 67 MPH. If you only have 2 hours on the motor be careful running it wide open with that little break in time. just wandering what the jets and the hi and low settings are in the carbs. and what settings are you using with the advent.

+1
    Just reread the post and was looking at your RPM. what kind of tac. are you using.
    if you are getting that many Rpm you need to step up the prop.

7700 is pretty close to optimal...I shoot for 7800. You'll never run good top end numbers with a skat swirl impeller...for more speed try a depitched nujet 6.5 or depitched solas concord 14/20. Might also want to move the rev limit up a couple hundred, otherwise it feels like the brakes are on when the ski comes unhooked.

using a tiny tach, will find out what jets i put in later tonight, the highest rev limit i can go upto with the advent is 7900. this was all done with a full tank of fuel. im running the triple pipe pump gas curve and snap 60 pv

using a tiny tach, will find out what jets i put in later tonight, the highest rev limit i can go upto with the advent is 7900. this was all done with a full tank of fuel. im running the triple pipe pump gas curve and snap 60 pv
    Double check that limiter. I turned 8200 on a gpr with ease on an advent turning a 14 vane skat.

the limitr is definatley 7900, the advent has a sticker on it saying the highest limiter setting is 7900, i think the minimum is 5600, i think its just good luck if you get an advent with an 8200 limit on it. i need to do a bit more fine tuning, possibly a little leaner on the highs but except tuning is there anything else i can do to get more rmp without having to buy more things? id rather just alter what ive got on the ski now

the limitr is definatley 7900, the advent has a sticker on it saying the highest limiter setting is 7900, i think the minimum is 5600, i think its just good luck if you get an advent with an 8200 limit on it. i need to do a bit more fine tuning, possibly a little leaner on the highs but except tuning is there anything else i can do to get more rmp without having to buy more things? id rather just alter what ive got on the ski now
    Minimum is 5900. I've never seen an advent that is limited to 7900...All of the ones I've seen will go to 9000. Does yours look like the one in this pic? I know there were some early "Riva" Advents out that were a little bit different, just not sure what was different exactly. http://www.adventignitions.com/products3.php?Id=1

yes its identical, but if you read the sticker it says limiter is 5900 minimum, or if you turn all the switches on it goes up to 7800. am i missing something?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information