Thread: batter strenght

batter strenght

Will the ski still run if your batter drained? Im not talking about starting but running.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kzzzski View Post
    Will the ski still run if your batter drained? Im not talking about starting but running.
    Some will and some will fry the CDI.

As long as the battery is still connected and capable of taking a charge, dead or charged the motor should be able to run once started somehow. The battery must be in place and able to take a charge to help regulate the current coming off the stator, even though it the voltage regulator is in place most use current draw as a parameter of regulation. I am not 100% the ski is like this as I am unfamiliar with the CDI's layout, however this is the general case for 2 st. The EFI's skis are less likely to run as at idle the stator current is low and may not be enough to power the whole shebang. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable with the inner yamaworkings of the CDI could chime in. I am not brave enough to try on my ski is the bottom line for the cost of a battery. IMHO

+1
    I have run a FX Ho without a battery in the hull wile changing it out with with a hot battery to help a guy who jumped his ski off with his truck and got a mile down river and shut it off thinking it had charged a bad battery. and have seen people jumping them off and riding them and the system charged the battery on Yamaha wave runners.
    and seen a guy jump off a seadoo and disconnected the jumper cables and fried the CDI.
    RULE OF THUMB if the battery is bad REPLACE it.

My connections well the positive was not as tight as it should have been. About 20 mins into my ride. I was hitting top speed and doing jumps. My engine started to act funny. Around 4000 rpms it was running rough and wouldnt increase any more speed. I thought I got some debry in the pump. So I shut her down to clear it. She never started back up. How would I know If I fried the CDI unit?

+1
    Are you still getting spark?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pl4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	252097I bought a new battery AGM. For a second it didnt crank over. So I thought it was a seized pistoon. I got it running. However it sounds funny. I going to do a compression test next weekend. What do you think about these plugs. They are new with only 20 minutes of running.

Oh I am running after market flam arrestors and carbs were rejetted and checked out by OS Bill. lol to me one plug looks too rich (32:1 im running) and the other too lean and one just right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kzzzski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pl4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	252097I bought a new battery AGM. For a second it didnt crank over. So I thought it was a seized pistoon. I got it running. However it sounds funny. I going to do a compression test next weekend. What do you think about these plugs. They are new with only 20 minutes of running.
    Which ever cylinder that middle plug came out of is probably the problem.

Thread Information