Unhappy 00 gp1200 no power!!!!!help

Rode it all day, and it did perfect...docked awhile and went to leave hit the starter and it started but cut off repeated start and stop a few times maybe 30 secs worth of start and die..... finally i got nothing, so i pulled seat and B+ cable was loose and hot...so tighten up cable looked at fuses and 20amp was fried so replaced it and still nothing...I can hear starter relay clicking....So jumped starter relay with screw driver only got resistance..So i think starter is bad...Q is can loose B+ cause starter to fry...And will a fried starter cause display and beep not to work...or do you think i fried mpem to...Help please..

+1
    Good diagnose. if you have a hot battery and are jumping the relay terminals and the starter is not spinning the engine you have a starter issue. either the starter is bad or the starter wires or ground wires are loose or corroded.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    Good diagnose. if you have a hot battery and are jumping the relay terminals and the starter is not spinning the engine you have a starter issue. either the starter is bad or the starter wires or ground wires are loose or corroded.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    +1
    lol

I would pull the head before you go any further. The starter going bad may have been caused by a seizure. The thing that concerns me is that you started it and then it died. This repeated several times before it wouldn' turn over. If you don't want to do that, pull the plugs out and see if you can turn the coupler by hand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctct2118 View Post
    lol
    Yea i know my internet was giving trouble and double posted so just put that.

ok....pulled stinger and fatty pipe...Sure enough starter was locked up.So unplugged starter and display started showing temp overheat with beep...engine hasn't been run for a day so still cold..so display warning prob. a fault for sensors unplugged hopefully everything on display will start working when i hook new starter up...just don't know why display and beeper would stop working because of fried starter normally starter only engages on start through relay...for those that never pulled a starter, there's two 12m on back of starter pretty easy to get with wrench ground wire is on bottom bolt.Remove those and pry starter back should come free...Rem. always unhook battery..you don't have to remove power valve manifold pipe,just go under it...will keep you U2D...

Alright..to end this Thread I replaced starter, and all works right... now motor run and display started working again...still weird why display stopped working because of fried starter..Quick check if you have this prob. take pos. off starter and insert key with temp sensor unhooked should get your beep and a over heat display..

Thread Information