Thread: question

i have a problem with water entering my hull..., i checked it this afternoon, what i did,...i put a water inside my hull to check where is the leaking coming from, and the water is dripping from the middle of the intake grate.. where there is a circle plastic with little gills and a little hole....i don't how what you call this...this is under the propeller inside the this normal that it will drip when there is a water inside the hull...when the skii is out of the water??thanx...

searched the partsland and #7 whats the purpose of this???thanx

That is the pickup for your speedometer and no it should not be leaking, in or out of the water.

It has a hex nut that holds it in, from the inside. It could be that it's just loose, cracked, or maybe the gasket is bad.

Check it out real good and replace anything that might need replacing. Make sure the ziptie that holds the tube on there is new and secure.

ok, ill check it tomorrow...can i ask the routing of that tube??? where is it going???thnx.
    Last edited by andy95'slx780; 12-26-2006 at 09:16 AM.

It goes the the back of the MFD.

thats why i was wondering why my speedometer is not working....thnx

Kannapolis NC (north of Charlotte)
    Yes it's a clear hose and I believe it is just zip tied on.. could have came off.... but then the boat would fill VERY quickly... you can take the hose and disconnect it from the rear of the MFD, and then blow through to make sure there are no obstructions... then reconnect it to the nipple on the bottom of the boat. If there are no obstructions, then your MFD should work HOWEVER... if it is in need of a reset, it will not work. Mine did not work, my gas gauge did not work, my oil gauge did not work, and it displayed like a decimal voltage reading... only thing that worked before I reset it was the RPMs. After resetting, it all worked fine.

Good luck,

Thread Information