02 Polaris No Spark

Have a 2002 polaris virage 700 carburated model. Have been working on this ski for the past few weeks. When I bought it there was no spark. Had to replace the bendix in order for it to turn over. After that it turned over but didn't have any spark. Tried the LR test but that didn't seem to work...sometimes it would have a little spark after you released the start button. Then it quit even turning over period unless you jumped the solenoid...so i replaced the solenoid with a new updated version (4011043) thinking that would solve the solenoid issue but that didn't do anything and it still doesn't have spark. Kind of lost now and don't really know what to do...im thinking that the stator is bad in it now...

So I bypassed the LR 505 Module and the ski will now turn over (Before I bypassed the LR you had to jump the solenoid in order for it to even turn over) and it will sometimes get spark after you release the start/bilge buttons. Is my LR bad or do I need to perform some other tests?

+1
    Most of your concerns can be explained by a weak battery,especially the spark when releasing the button.
    You need at least 10.6 volts while cranking.

yes you need a proper battery, get a ohm meter and battery fluid tester with the balls in it to test your battery. You never charge the battery more that max of 2 amps setting on your charger. Only add destilled water to your battery, get at any grocery store. Remove the battery after each season and try to protect from freezing. The properly charged battery will help you start out on the right track befor you go into testing components and possible waste of your time and money. Also make sure the kill switch is working properly next after the the 10.6 volts is there at starting. good luck

I tested the battery and its getting 11 volts while cranking. The ski has a new cdi box in it. Any ideas???

+1
    What is the voltage on the red/pur and brown wires going into the CDI-while cranking.

I tested them as well R/pur to pos and grounded the black and was getting near 11 amps for it but it wouldnt stay a constant number. The same happened for the brown..i did brown to pos and grounded the black. At first when i tested it I disconnected the brown and red/pur from the cdi and it wouldnt barely crank. This is all with the LR 505 bypassed because it will not crank over with the LR 505 module connected. The bilge will run but it will not even attempt to start. I'm thinking that my issue is with my LR 505 but i am not totally sure??? I don't think that it is an issue with the cdi because it is brand new. So maybe it is the stator??? I appreciate all the help I have received so far hopefully ill be able to get this thing running soon!!!

So now I do have spark after replacing the stator and I thought that the lr505 was bad but I put a new one in and it still wouldn't crank unless the le was bypassed. I got it to get spark with the le bypassed and then it just stopped after a few seconds. So now it will only turn over if you jump the solenoid which is also new. Anybody have any suggestions? I checked the grounds and they all look good.

+1
    The blk/wht at LR provides the ground for starter solenoid.
    The start button on bars needs to send 12v to solenoid on yel/red when pushed and lanyard is in.

Ok, so thanks to help of hkg3k, I now am able to turn the ski over with the start button (MFI is bad had to jump the wires in the MFI harness in order for it to turn over with start switch). Now my issue is that it is not getting fuel to the carburetor. If you put some gas in the carb it will start up for a few moments but that is it...do i need to replace the junk gray TEMPO fuel lines or should I pull the carbs off and check the reed valves, etc?

Thread Information