Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fzr = rebirth

Fzr = rebirth

Hey guys i been looking up info here for a couple months now and i finally got my 2011 FZR and im absoutly in love.

ON OCT 5 2010 I broke both my legs, broke my collar bone, broke a rib, puctured my lung, and got pretty messed up in a car accident i had a 520 hp mustang GT and i wraped around a tree at about 110 mph i was air lifted and spent the next couple months learning how to walk again.

I really thought that i could never enjoy going fast again at first i was just scared riding in a car again and all i ever knew was being obsessed with anything that had to do with mustangs, but now couldnt even look at one with out my legs hurting.

Untill one day my friend Kyle took me out on his 08 SHO and i couldnt believe the speed and the freedom on the water i saw him race a KAWI 260x and beat it by at least 5 jet skis

THE FZR has made me realize that you can have speed and be a lot more safe on the water than you could ever be on land
    HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS ON THE WATER

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Welcome and these are not safe when you mod them to go over 80.......ASK A GUY CHAD ON HERE........Becareful! ENJOY YOUR TOY....but be responsable

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk, these machines can be very very dangerous with some mods, you will need to replace the Intake Grate in your model since they brake at some certain speed. Be safe and enjoy your new Wave runner.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new ski

As mentioned, you now own a very nice ski, capable of years of fun and enjoyment. The best thing that you can do right now, is to learn as much about it as you can. The intake grate is a safety issue you need to address immediately. The number of upgrades and modifications you can do is endless. Go through the how-to section and get familiar with the search function.
    This sight has tons of valuable information along with guys that have years of experience working on these machines. If you cant find the answer in the search function, either post up your question or you can PM (private message) most of the members on here.
    The majority of the members here are more than happy to help or guide you in the direction to get your questions answered.

Remember, your new ski is a fun machine, but it can be very dangerous. Be smart and be safe, and learn how to modify it the correct way and it will stay fun.

Also, glad to hear you made a good recovery from your wreck. Chad

+1
    Good on ya mate, great to see you have come through that. Enjoy your ski sounds like you deserve it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZRLIFE View Post
    THE FZR has made me realize that you can have speed and be a lot more safe on the water than you could ever be on land HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS ON THE WATER
    Welcome to the Hulk; yes you can have speed and be safe on the water but remember you don't have airbags or seat belts on the PWC so be careful. Make sure you replace the intake grate asap because it has been shown to buck in stock form and we don't want you to get hurt again, you can read more about that here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ho-buck/page26

Overall the Yamahas are among the most stable and dry skis on the water; but you are right they are FAST and unfortunately that brings an element of risk; so have fun and be responsible. Also read my sticky here on more safety tips for you and your new ski:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ur-New-Sea-Doo...

Dude, very glad you are here with us to tell that tell! Many years ago my brother had a very similar crash (1970 el camino). He was not wearing a seat belt and was actually ejected from the vehicle upon impact . . . he got up and walked away from his crash with only scratches. Lucky.

I have been riding PWC's for 28 years and this is a safe sport. Stock speeds on new machines today are pretty darn good. I would resist the tempation to go faster than stock right now. When you get some experience under your belt and really understand the waves, swells, wakes, wind, and how these 4 components combined effect your Yamaha's handling then and only then should you venture towards modifications and higher speeds. JB

I just want to thank everybody for all the warm welcomes. I have been researching the intake grates I have noticed a lot more of you are running the R&D over the RIVA grate does anyone have any strong opinion on either one ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZRLIFE View Post
    I just want to thank everybody for all the warm welcomes. I have been researching the intake grates I have noticed a lot more of you are running the R&D over the RIVA grate does anyone have any strong opinion on either one ??

The R&D has worked fine for me. I think it is the winner, as you have said most people use the R&D.

+1
    R&D is a faster grate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information