Injectors Vs. boost level

Hi guys, just wondering something....thought i might just ask up here since many of you have already run several differnet mod level, so here i ask:

Suppose i use an Et-137 charger that can produce about 12.5lbs of pressure at 8100RPM, slightly above the x charger level of boost. And plan on using ONLY 42-48-50 pounds fuel injectors, no external intercooler, no additionnal rrfpr, do you think it could be safely managed by the ECU, and work fine like this...?

I mean....the X from factory have about 10.5PSI boost pressure, strickly on 42pounds stock, no rrfpr, but IMO that it has an external intercooler which i won't have here.

My biggest concerns are:

A-Would the fuel pump stock pressure allow enough fuel to feed the bigger injectors?
    B-What size of injectors should i run, if i use no rrfpr...?
    C-Would the added boost pressure temp would be handled by the stock 215 intercooler?
    D-I do not plan to race, only rec riding with few pass of high speed from time to time
    E-I do not plan to up the rev higher than stock ECU 8100RPM.

Let's see what you think...?
    Does anybody of you have already monitor A/F ratio of similar set-up...? Do you have infos to share on this...?

Banned User
    +1
    What air intake system you running? If stock, you can run a set of 42's and will be safe on the OEM IC...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What air intake system you running? If stock, you can run a set of 42's and will be safe on the OEM IC...
    +1
    i ran a similar setup with rude 1, same boost, #42 injectors

i have a 4" intake, x charger and 42lb injectors your temps are probably pretty close to mine here and wot i am at 11.2-11.3 so i would think with the 137 it should lean you out a little more but not to much

+1
    42s will probably be lean with that setup... you may and probably will need 48s remember an x ski runs 42s with a 10.5 boost wheel in the charger... et 137 is a 13.5 boost wheel.... only true way is to run AFRs and truly get a reading so you know how to properly tune. what ski are you running now? rxp or x boat? weather will change the AFRs as well... cooler temps requre more fuel in most cases so on a cool day without knowing your proper AFRs it may be placing you in the danger zone of running real lean.... Best way to be safe is to run a AFR setup with RRFPR . Quick easy and simple to set up. General range is 11.2 idle 13-13.5 mid range cruzin and WOT 11.8 is a good base....

just my 2 cents.. but truly you need a AFR setup to know exacally what your engines doing..

Thanks guys....! God it's great talking with peoples that knows their stuff....i'm definitely addicted to this forum here...!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Thanks guys....! God it's great talking with peoples that knows their stuff....i'm definitely addicted to this forum here...!
    How much longer til you have that Frankenstein boat of yours running again, Jeeps? Winter's gonna start closing in on ya up there soon! Mine's been in the lab all summer, but might get 'er started up this weekend. She'll be sportin' well over 300hp this time.

Thread Information