Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Anyone going to the Blowion surf slam 2011 pacific city Oregon Sept 9th,10th,11th

http://blowsionsurfslam.com/ Watch some of the video on the page.

+1
    I'm going to try and make it down there that weekend. Does anyone just go for one day or does most everyone stay all three days?

+1
    If you can only go one day. I go Sunday. The freestyle final are in the morning. But I am going Saturday and Sunday and staying in Lincoln city about a haft hour drive away. unless you camp it not cheap to stay there and I think most of the camp ground are full. There is a Thousand trail on the top of the hill a few miles away. I went to this Event a few years ago when it was smaller.

+1
    What is a thousand trail? Is it a hotel? This may be a dumb question but does anyone ever bring their sit down ski's out there just for fun? I mean it'd be fun to hit some 3-4 footers.

+1
    Thousand trails is a camp ground like KOA for people that have mebership. But I think you can still stay there with a resevation. You would have to call. Yes they do let the stand up ride there. But I was reading up on it and they said they don't want people bring sit down ski because of a few closes call with someone riping around fast almost crash into some one in the past. There are no boat launching spots that I recall. Unless you have a big foot cart or a aqua cart you launch into the ocean. A rxp would be to heavy to pack down there any way I think. But what would they say, It a public beach. If you stay down on the south end I don't see a problem. Here what they said.
    What To Know
    The Tierra Del Mar State Recreation Area is open for licensed street legal vehicles. All responsible recreational riders/enthusiasts are free to bring your recreational watercraft and enjoy some open surf freeriding off the beach outside of the event area. This recreational riding area encompasses all beach access south of the event competition area. While we are not responsible for any activity outside of the event, we ask that, due to space constraints, recreational riders limit themselves to stand-up/ski type PWC only and to be on your best behavior as you are representing the sport. Attendees must obey the beach speed limit of 10 mph. Please be aware there are no ATV's or motorcycles allowed. Event competitors and event staff are the only exceptions. There is NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING on the event site or beach of Tierra Del Mar State Recreation Area. (See http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/parks/Campgrounds.htm for local area camping options). Only competitors and event staff will be allowed in the competition area. This will be strictly enforced.

Recreational Freeriders please make sure your skis are legal. Fire extinguishers are required, PFD's and whistles as well as applicable state marine registration and OEM HIN number plaque attached in correct location. Those persons not participating in the event shall be subject to full law enforcement by all local authorities. Competitors outside of the competition area will also be required to meet all legal standards. So, if you are planning to have fun after competing, make sure you bring everything you need to satisfy the state and county local requirements.

Pacific City is a very special beach town and has remained jet ski friendly due to the efforts of many local enthusiasts to 'self-police' any riding or behavior in off limits areas. Please be on your best PWC behavior so we can keep it that way. Tierra Del Mar does not have any services or restrooms, so the event sponsors will be providing these free of charge for the weekend. Again, for the recreational riding area south of the event competition area, we ask pleadingly that you leave your sitdown freeride watercraft at home. This is not biased. There are simply too many standups on the water most of the time. Having sitdown PWC ripping at full speed back and forth among the surf lineup has simply caused way too many close calls. We ask that this request please be honored so that this event can grow into a comprehensive performance show.

Above all, please follow the rules in and around town and be on your most respectful behavior. Pacific City and most of the Oregon Coast towns are very small, so word about renegade riders travels extremely fast. We now have a reliable and welcome location for future Surf Slams and know that we can count on your support for this event to continue to be an exemplary PWC gathering.
    Follow The Slam
    on Facebook!

+1
    Well, looks like the rxp is staying home haha!

+1
    Do you ride the ocean up there or just the bay. I only went ones to the ocean this year and had some ski problems. I think I am getting a go pro for next year. But what I really need is a new ski.

+1
    Well i have been blessed to live on the water so its just easier for me to ride the puget sound. But yes i have been to the ocean once and loved it! I have found that on a busy weekend you can get some good waves off of large yatchs cruising the sound as well. If you are ever up my way let me know and you can swing by my house if ya need a break. I live on Fox Island right, its near the narrows bridge.

Oliver,

+1
    Do you live closer Towheaad island or Tanglewood island? That sweet you live on the water. I have alway wanted to ride all those arms on Puget sound. But I need to get new ski before that happen. The weather up there is hit or miss and my wife would rather go down to Shasta lake with the air temp being over a 100 most of the time. But if we plan a trip I will let you known. In the past I have been to Lake chelan Like we had talk about jumping the lady of the lake waves and been to Banks lake,Moses lake. We all so went to Roosevelt lake, But they wouldn't let us ride on it with the 2 stroke skis back in the day. Let me known what day you will be at the surf slam If you are coming. If not I will understand. Mike

+1
    Hey guys. Just letting you know that I'll be down there on Sunday. Northwest Freeride Xterra. The event is closed to runabouts other than Blasters and X-2s. Been going for several years now. Mike - there's a few people coming from Bend to ride skis.

The Cap'n

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information