+1

Update on my 260x

So I brought it to rusty palmers kawi. They said the blower is fine, the valves or something are corroded which caused it to lock up the motor. So it is NOT covered by warranty and is going to cost me $1500 to fix. This ski has 25 hours on it. At 19 hours it had a milkshake, long island Kawasaki charged me $382 to change the oil a bunch of times and get the water out. The oil since has been clear no signs of water, however the plugs, which were changed at 19 hours looked a little rusty at 25hrs. So should I call up kawi tomorrow and complain or is there no chance they will warranty this?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    So I brought it to rusty palmers kawi. They said the blower is fine, the valves or something are corroded which caused it to lock up the motor. So it is NOT covered by warranty and is going to cost me $1500 to fix. This ski has 25 hours on it. At 19 hours it had a milkshake, long island Kawasaki charged me $382 to change the oil a bunch of times and get the water out. The oil since has been clear no signs of water, however the plugs, which were changed at 19 hours looked a little rusty at 25hrs. So should I call up kawi tomorrow and complain or is there no chance they will warranty this?
    Did they pull the head off ? And I would talk to Kawi if it's still under wRranty.

+1
    Yea I'm going to call kawi tomorrow. They did pull the head off, I'm going to call Rusty's and find out exactly what they say the problem is.

+1
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs/GTPPCert.pdf

that is the kawi GTPP. It says damage is not covered as a result of sand water rust or rocks. what the fuck good is a warranty on a jetski if it doesnt cover any of that?? anyone had luck in dealing with kawi GTPP warranty?

+1
    because good maintenance prevents all that you experienced

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs/GTPPCert.pdf

that is the kawi GTPP. It says damage is not covered as a result of sand water rust or rocks. what the fuck good is a warranty on a jetski if it doesnt cover any of that?? anyone had luck in dealing with kawi GTPP warranty?
    MY money is on the head is cracked between 2-3 cyl if you continue to get water in oil .
    I have repaired a few already this year, if it got a Milkshake for no reason than that is the tell tail

So in that case A crack IS a warranty problem , Just ensure you can see the head to find the crack , very easy to see
    Now if oil stays clear and rusty plug thats a post ride care issue , blowing water box is a MUST post ride !!!!!!

Waz

water dont get into a engine for NO reason , and you can take that to the bank !!!

+1
    best you rephrase that waz how many times did it take me to find my crack even then you couldnt see it unless i filmed it

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    MY money is on the head is cracked between 2-3 cyl
    I have repaired a few already this year, if it got a Milkshake for no reason than that is the tell tail

So in that case the crack IS a warranty problem , just ensure you can see the head to find the crack , very easy to see

Waz

water dont get into a engine for NO reason , and you can take that to the bank !!!

+1
    just re read and he says oil is all clear and plugs rusty thats why i pointed to maintenance issues ie wet waterbox causing rusted plugs.

+1
    yep oil was clear. going to call up kawi tomorrow and see what they say. not sounding good tho.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    just re read and he says oil is all clear and plugs rusty thats why i pointed to maintenance issues ie wet waterbox causing rusted plugs.
    it may be a pouris manifold.
    soon as mine was swapped for an 2010 rusty plugs fixed.

Thread Information