Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

J-Pipe leaking still have not rode this ski yet.

Does anyone have any insight on why my jpipe is still leaking? I just replaced my exhuast manifold on my 07 rxp becuase the old one had some small chunks missing at the bell.I figured this as to be where the leak is.well the new one I got was in great condition.but maby it was the j-pipe all along how can I tell.Also brand new t-clamp was installed. Maby im pushing the pipe to far on to the exhaust manifod?I bought this ski and havent rode it once yet.its killing me.

Banned User
    +1
    What is it leaking? Exhaust or water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DJROCK View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on why my jpipe is still leaking? I just replaced my exhuast manifold on my 07 rxp becuase the old one had some small chunks missing at the bell.I figured this as to be where the leak is.well the new one I got was in great condition.but maby it was the j-pipe all along how can I tell.Also brand new t-clamp was installed. Maby im pushing the pipe to far on to the exhaust manifod?I bought this ski and havent rode it once yet.its killing me.
    It only goes on the EM so far. What are you leaking?

Both water and exhaust its a light mist.Its hard to tell if its comming from the clamp connecton or the braided part of the J-pipe.

+1
    Both water and exhaust its a light mist.Its hard to tell if its comming from the clamp connecton or the braided part of the J-pipe.
    If it is clamped, it is more then likely coming from the braid as there is NO water in the connection or connection of the j-pipe. It is not introduced until AFTER the connection and the braid. Take it off and look at the fitting on the top and bottom. It might be one of the two prongs the hoses hook to that are cracked or leaking. It would make more sense that it would be one of the prongs. I have seen the braids fail as well mainly on skis that were not tied down in the rear for transport.

if its the 2 prongs on the EM your asking me to check,then there fine,becuase the EM I just took off made the ski leak in the same spot,So Im guessing its going to be the J. Also dont boats use a Heavy duty silicone type hose to connect to there Bell on the EM? Why dont the ski's use this setup? Any way I want to get the free flow exhaust for the ski,But I think it still uses the J-pipe no matter what free flow kit U get(drilling the back of the ski,or re-routed around the water Box)whats the difference between the red label J and the white Label J-pipe.

+1
    Get the riva box and rear kit. Amazing sound. Does away with j pipe.

where should I buy it from? PWC or theres a guy in florida that sells alot of parts.Are you 100% sure you eliminate the J-pipe.

+1
    where should I buy it from? PWC or theres a guy in florida that sells alot of parts.Are you 100% sure you eliminate the J-pipe.
    I'm thinking get the 08 midpipe and tdr box! So much cleaner! adds a shit ton of room.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Get the riva box and rear kit. Amazing sound. Does away with j pipe.

Are you 100% sure you eliminate the J-pipe.
    No! that info is false. The only way to eliminate the J pipe is to go with an 08+ setup, which includes much more than just a waterbox. If you just order a box for your current model ski.... it will still use the J pipe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information