Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Treasure Coast riders .....beware

Girlfriend just got a speeding ticket just south of the Crossroads in Martin county doing 41 in a 25 on her VX jet ski.

Ticket was.......get this $175 !!!!!! The only reason I didn't get one was I had caught the boat in front of me and was slowing down as I came up the the no wake zone where they were shooting from. She was quite aways behind me and came up alone, they nailed her.

Good thing that boat was in front of me and messing up their line, as I had just opened it up for a minute. Wonder what the ticket would have been for 67 mph.

Was federal officers in what looked to be a fishing boat from far way.

Matin County not far away from only sailboats and paddlers.

+1
    We knew this was coming, all the douche bags in sewalls point were bitching about boats flying through that area. They had a write up in the paper that stated they were going to begin enforcing the speed limit in that general vacinity.

It's pure bullshit if you ask me, I can barely plane out @ 25 mph.

Just another Freedom vaporized....

+1
    25? You have to be kidding me. I am putting a wake from hell at 25. How is that beneficial? Morons!

+1
    I was out there Sunday with Jason and the wife in the same area. We could of easily been busted also. Luckily Jason breaks down enough, that if the cops went by speed weighted average, we would be ok. I know exactly where they were hiding. I'm sure the kayakers are the ones stirring up the shit. I heard some of them making comments as they went by. We need a dose of Madtork ( Dave ) to really piss them off.

+1

Thumbs up

LOL !! Luckily when we were there, they were not. I was overboosting and ripping (25+ psi ) through there, trying to free up my sticking boost controller. Could have been bad @ 80+ Ended up blowing a hole in my silicone boost hose, from turbo to IC , and blowing the hose off my pressure relief valve @ the pump shoe (needs clamps)

We'll start avoiding that area, there's really nothing in that area, other than calm waters.

Yeah, Martin County sucks now, am going to start heading north from the causeway I guess, or stay under 40 though the rest of Martin County.

The reason I was said 40 is that when she was getting her ticket, I was slowly circling the boat and asked if they could just give her a warning this time and he said " anything over 40, have to give a ticket".

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    25? You have to be kidding me. I am putting a wake from hell at 25. How is that beneficial? Morons!

got that right, wish I had the boat I used to have, @ 25mph it used to put a wake of about 4 feet, would just ride up and down that area swamping every cop boat out there giving tickets.

What sucks is being from this area when it was really nice to ride/boat, till all the damn politicians got their agenda's through, and now it just sucks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith1 View Post
    got that right, wish I had the boat I used to have, @ 25mph it used to put a wake of about 4 feet, would just ride up and down that area swamping every cop boat out there giving tickets.

What sucks is being from this area when it was really nice to ride/boat, till all the damn politicians got their agenda's through, and now it just sucks.
    I had a Sea Ray Sundancer 280. At 25, it would put a bigger wake than that. It would have been what I would have done. Pitch the nose up and be done with it. They would find a way to give us a ticket though, Ya Know.......

+1
    my malibu wakesetter with all the ballast tanks and fat sacs full would put out a wake big enough to surf on (which we did)...find someone with an x-80 to make pases at 20 mph and they will re-think that B.S. speed limit...

+1
    Wake isn't the issue here or the problem they are trying to address. The issue is they have classified a good portion of the local inshore waterways as ''manatee zones''. They have ALWAYS been marked with a 25mph speed limit. However, for numerous reasons they are now going to start enforcing it. Now there will be some little FWC Faggot hiding in the cut with his radar gun.

For those of you who aren't familiar, a manatee is an absolutely useless, non native species of marine mammal that has taken up residence over the last 100 years or so in Florida waterways. They can only move about .5 mph and are regularly ran over, struck and killed by boats. Regardless of the boats fucking speed, 25mph or 125mph, it doesn't matter.... they still get ran over.

These bullshit manatee zones continue to spread like viruses as animal rights activists and low life local politicians push for expanded areas. Now designated ''manatee areas'' are no longer enough. Now they want the main channels.....Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we should do nothing to protect this species of animal, but let's be realistic. Most of the no wake and manatee crap came about in the early 90's when they were considered an endangered species. They are no longer ''endangered'' but are ''protected'' now. So why the increased enforcement ?

Here's the real kick in the balls for PWC riders, there has never been ONE single documented death of a manatee by a PWC.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information