92 kawasaki 750 ss

i was given a 92 kawasaki 750 ss in great condition by my boss. only problem is his son took it all apart and was gonna clean and reassemble it. boss promised me that it ran . my problem is that im not familure with kawasaki skis and am not completely sure where everything goes or if everything is there. could someone post or pm me some pics of the engine compartment or point me in the direction of a micro fische site where i can get this figured out. i have most of it back together by somewhat figuring it out but theres some electrical and other fuel/vent lines that im not sure of. thanks for your time in advance and hope you all had a great labor day weekend.

+1
    A service manual would certainly be a helpful thing to have.

It might help if you posted pics of specific things that you have questions about.

+1
    I can get you pics of whatever you need, but I am with Steve. Get a manual if you are planning to work on these engines. Pay attention to torque values and clearances. Take your time.

Once you get it back together the 750 engine is damn near bulletproof IF, you make sure it has oil and fuel.

Do the block off plate and mix your gas

+1
    I can get you pics of whatever you need, but I am with Steve. Get a manual if you are planning to work on these engines. Pay attention to torque values and clearances. Take your time.

Once you get it back together the 750 engine is damn near bulletproof IF, you make sure it has oil and fuel.

Do the block off plate and mix your gas

ok got it all back together and cleaned out the tank, fuel selector switch, all lines, pulled tank pickup and cleaned all openings. new gas and oil. put it in the lake and started right up and ran for like 2 minutes and shut off, started right back up. did the same thing. it starts right back up but shuts off after a minute or 2. pulled it back on the trailer and pulled seat. engine compartment seemed real warm so with back end still in the water, i started it with the hose flush cap off and nothing came out. is there a tell tale (pisser) somewhere on the ski ? the thing ran sweet and powerful while it was running. boy does it handle so much different then my seadoo... feels weird...

+1
    Not certain about the '92 model, but there is probably a pisser port on the right side of the 'Ski, in front of the footwell. Look for a hose hose that goes to a silver cylinder on the left front of the engine compartment, near the glove box. It will have a hose that goes to the peehole, and a wire that goes back to the ignition box. That is the overheat sensor. It's pretty common for bugs to build nests in the peehole or hose. Remove the hose from the peehole port and run a piece of weedeater line through it. Also, clean out the angled port. Compressed air will blow the hose, if you pressure it up too much.

SeaDoos handle weird. Actually, the old 'Skis didn't handle well at all, but back then, getting one that didn't porpoise was quite a feat.

found it. the overheat sensor was corroded solid so no water was gettinh through. pulled it all apart and cleaned it all out and made sure all hoses were clear also. ok final question i think.... on the bottom of the block under the exhaust ,theres a white plastic ball. theres supposed to be a handle coming up from there, mine is missing. ons site says its a reed control valve and another says its a block drain. if its a reed control valve what is its purpose ?

i actually like how my old seadoo handles. for a 1989 that thing flys and i can whip it around like its nothing. not to say that it hasnt dumped me a few dozen times but thats the fun of it. the 750 is boggin down and the seadoo is quite faster then the kawasaki and its only a 580. im sure once i get the boggin figured out it will change. thanks for everyones help with this thing . i appreciate it very much.

+1
    The part you found is the crankcase drain (reed control valve is a misnomer). It's purpose is to drain water from the crankcase if you happen to flood the 'Ski and get water inside the engine. It's a good idea, to a point, but they're getting older and the valves tend to leak, which causes the engine to run lean. Not good. At this point, most people recommend removing the drain and installing a block-off plate. You can find the plates on Ebay for under $20.

thanks everyone for the good info and your replies. i appreciate it and thanks for the lessons on this ski. learn something new every post.

Thread Information