Check Engine x 2

Need help from the experts out there with a couple of problems. I got the skis out Sunday and had nothing but problems. I had the skis out 2 weeks ago and they ran perfect all day. Ski #1 is a stock 2008 GTX 155 w/57 hrs on it. Ski #2 is a 2005 RXT with X-charger, 42ís, intake and thru hull w/90 hrs. On Sunday about 150 yards from the pier the GTX beeped, the check engine started flashing with code P0116. I didnít know if this was serious or not so I headed back to the pier. Rode the RXT for about 15 minutes and then it beeped and the check engine started flashing. Didnít know what was going on so I loaded up the skis and called it a day. Search revealed Code P0116 indicates Engine Temperature Sensor problem.
    Possible Cause:
    Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wiring, damaged connector or damaged ECM pins.
    Service action:
    Check for debris or blockage in cooling system.
    Check the sensor for approximately 2280 to 2736 ohms at 19 to 21*C (66 to 70*F).
    Check for approximately 2280 to 2736 ohms at 19 to 21*C (66 to 70*F) between ECM connector pins 11 and 27.
    The resistance checks of the sensor and circuit wiring was good. No damage or corrosion to the connector or pins. Is there a quick and easy check to see if the cooling system is blocked? The intake grate is clear. There is no water in the oil and the overflow bottle is full. Any suggestions?

As for the RXT, it is getting close to the 100 hr service. Will that cause the check engine to flash? I didnít check for codes till I got home and there are none indicated. Any Ideas?

My season winding down and Iíd like to get a few more rides in before I put them away - NEED Help!

Quote Originally Posted by SEADOO4ME View Post
    As for the RXT, it is getting close to the 100 hr service. Will that cause the check engine to flash? I didnít check for codes till I got home and there are none indicated. Any Ideas?
    I had that happen on mine around either the 25 or 50 hour mark. If I recall correctly the shop told me that they do that so you take it in for the annual maintenance or something along that line. They would clear it for me if I brought it in to change the oil. It shows no codes but flashes "Maint" every time I start it up. It's been that way now for the last several years. On the RXT though, you probably have more scheduled maintenance than changing the oil and plugs.

Thread Information