Help with a Speech

I have to give an informative speech in my Oral Communication class, and I need a little help from you guys. The speech has to be a process of some sort, so I thought I would give a speech on how PWC's are made (should be pretty easy to talk for 4-6 minutes).

The problem I'm having is that my professor said all of my resources have to be printed. No internet sources. Does anyone know of any books about how PWC's are made?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    I have to give an informative speech in my Oral Communication class, and I need a little help from you guys. The speech has to be a process of some sort, so I thought I would give a speech on how PWC's are made (should be pretty easy to talk for 4-6 minutes).

The problem I'm having is that my professor said all of my resources have to be printed. No internet sources. Does anyone know of any books about how PWC's are made?
    At the risk of wasting your time, I'd consider narrowing your topic. Personally, I think an informative speech on "how to" build a PWC is a subject too broad. Try the following instead: How to change the oil on a PWC, How to remove/install a SC, How to change the coolant... plus, all of these will be found in a service manual, which is printed material.

EDIT: I got to thinking that my suggestions may be more fitting for a "Demonstrative" Speech. How about an informative speech about Safe Operation of a PWC w/pre and post ride inspections? That seems more "informative" in nature. And Safe/Pre-Post Operations are covered in most owner's manuals.

+1
    Or why not talk about the history of the PWC? Starting the 1968 20mph SeaDoo to the modern powerhouse, the Kawasaki 300x. I think you'll be able to find the most information on this. BTW what's the professor's problem? Everything is on the internet nowadays. Even if you find a book on the subject chances are 9 out of 10 it will be out of date. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    BTW what's the professor's problem? Everything is on the internet nowadays.
    That's what I was thinking. I know he's trying to avoid blogs as sources, but I'm not an idiot. I know what is and isn't a reputable source. I think I'm going to question him about it.

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it!

So I've decided that if I can't use online sources, I'm changing my topic. How does the history of how we receive information sound?

Thread Information