Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want to buy 07 FX HO Cruisers....any advice?

Hi guys. The seller wants 13500. Covers, trailer, 70 hours each. Fair price? Sweet looking, but should we have any concerns? Are they comfy for the big, choppy lakes? My 01 Polaris' are troublesome. Have read Yamaha is the way to go. We mostly cruise. I like speed, but she doesn't like to be left behind. Nuff said. What is the "bucking" I'm reading? Any thoughts would be great. Should we bite? We've been riding just this 1 summer, but want to buy a pair of nice rides. Thanks.

Nice skis, and not a bad price for 2 plus a double trailer, but I'd offer less just the same. The FX HO Cruiser is a nice lake ski. Its what I have, and I'm on a fairly large, and sometimes rough lake. The FX HO will give you a nice and relatively dry ride, and the ski is very reliable, and easy to maintain once you figure out the dry sump oil system. My wife likes the ride and the FX model will keep her hair dry for the most part (very important to my wife), unlike a VX or smaller ski. Good gas mileage for a large ski and runs on 87 octane. Its not overly fast (maybe 58 mph), but nice for cruising. Bucking has nothing to do with this model, thats the FZR/FZS. I'd jump on that deal.

+1
    I would not pay more than $12500 and you should be able to easily get it at that price! I would offer $12K. In this economy not many can afford buying two skis in one shot. I would think selling one is much easier than selling 2. If they are super clean $12 to $12.5K should bring them to your home. Don't pay more and stay firm, I assure you he can't easily fine another person!

I just bought the 06 and the ski was in the market for 3-4 months. Even at more than reasonable price, the guy said, he did not have many inquiries at all!

Thanks. One more Question. I'm buying them from out of state. Have tons of pics. He sent copies of the titles, and they say the colors are white and white and the length is 10' 1", both not true for the FX. Pics. are all blue, black hulls. (white stripes) Is this normal info on titles? Raises an eyebrow on my end. Skis are a long way off to pick up in person.

+1
    Dude,

Please don't buy them unless you are picking them up in person! I get Boat US and Boating World magazines they talked about out of state purchases that were fraud! I many cases the guy would setup a fake escrow company that you think it is legitimate and disappears right after money is transferred!

I didn't even know they would put colors in the title! I have to double check mine as I do not remember seeing it for my ski!

Anyhow, please be extra cautious!

Where are you located? If you were anywhere close to Southern California, it would be a matter of month to find a great ski.

Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by rtbtms View Post
    Thanks. One more Question. I'm buying them from out of state. Have tons of pics. He sent copies of the titles, and they say the colors are white and white and the length is 10' 1", both not true for the FX. Pics. are all blue, black hulls. (white stripes) Is this normal info on titles? Raises an eyebrow on my end. Skis are a long way off to pick up in person.

I live in Maine, the skis were on e-bay in Houston. He sells a lot of Caterpillar parts, trucks, etc. 100% good feedback. Some big ticket items also. I believe he's a Cat. dealer. I hate to buy stuff like this, but have had good luck in the past. Bought my motorhome in Oklahoma through e-bay. I have been shopping for Yamahas for a couple months. Have seen a few that were clearly a scam, short $$, vague descriptions, but I guess you never know.

+1
    You are probably safe on ebay! Shouldn't be a problem. The only thing you don't really get to see the ski and test drive it. Most people are honest and I wish you the best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by rtbtms View Post
    The 07 FX HO Cruiser came in Platinum metalic or Blue colors..............no white. Pay no money until you have the skis and titles in hand. Title information is taken off the bill of sale, so there should not be any discrepancy. There are many many ski scams on Craigslist..................buyer beware!

+1
    rtbtms; they sound like a nice deal, but any PWC without a warranty is a crap shoot. It would be nice to think that only responsible adults ride these things, but the fact is, they often end up under teenagers and stupid chumps who abuse the crap out of them.

Listen, we have owned six of the 4 strokes.
    I bought my first pair of 4 strokes off PWC Trader Online.
    Got a great deal but I drove out of state to pick them up myself and we test rode them both before paying for them.

Also before purchasing, I made sure they were under Yamaha's 5 year extended warranty by getting the VIN numbers from the seller and and running them past our local dealer who verified the warranties were transferrable into my name.

I would simply not purchase an expensive used PWC without an extended warranty, period. If they don't have warranties, shop around on PWC Trader Online and see what else is out there.

+1
    I totally agree with YoYamma on test driving! I think two most important things are for you to see them personally and also do test drive them. I saw one ski with 54 hours, the owner was a military person who had just moved from Virginia to California. I asked her if she took care of it and if there is any rust, she said she did take care of it, took it to dealer and there is no rust! I set up a time to meet her at the ramp and buy the ski on the spot. Surprise, surprise, I don't think I ever will have the pleasure of seeing a ski all rusty red ever again lol I mean almost the plastic pieces were rusted let alone the metal lol! It was a disaster! I am not exaggerating by no means by the way, she was embarrassed and thought it all happened because they left salt water in there before shipping and its been in storage for a year!

I personally don't care if a ski has warranty or not but seeing it in person will tell you how much the ski is taken care for and test driving is a must!

Good luck man!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information