Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Race Engineering b/o RXP Impressions

Approximately 2 years ago I messed around with block off plates that I made myself that eliminated the OPAS on the RXP. The boat handled terrible and I much preferred the way the boat was with the OPAS so I re-installed them and stayed away from any other block off product again.... until now.

I placed an order for 2 sets of the Race engineering block-offs from Jerry's on line store after hearing so many "glowing" reports about them. They arrived approximately 1 month after initially placing my order which is not bad considering that they came from Germany.

The first thing that I noticed about this product was the high quality construction and fit and finish. All of the welds were expertly done and the block-offs were finished off in a nice durable lustrous black powder coated finish. All hardware supplied was stainless steel which was a nice touch.

I proceeded to install both sets on the 2 RXP's that I was working on. Installation was very easy and accomplished in less than 30 minutes each.

The moment the boat hit the water I could tell that there was something VERY different with the way the RXP was handling. The boat seemed smoother over small ripples in the water and much more stable. Under full throttle the boat stayed perfectly planted in the water with not a hint of porpoising. Before, when the RXP would approach 77-78 MPH if you did not have a full tank of gas or put all of your weight up front it would be difficult if not impossible to stop the porpoising. With the R/E block offs installed, not a hint of it!! The boat tracks better in the rough and overall made the RXP a much better rough riding boat than before.

There is no doubt that this product is one of the best handling mods that one can do to their RXP bar none!!

can't wait to get mine on my rxt

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Ditto.....

I absolutely love these block-offs. The best $300 I have ever spent!!! T C

+1
    In another month or so I will have mine for my RXT.

This may seem silly, but aside from the obvious handling improvements, I really like the fact that they "finish" the sides of the hull. They definately improve the looks as well.

Excellent point Steve.. I could not agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    This may seem silly, but aside from the obvious handling improvements, I really like the fact that they "finish" the sides of the hull. They definately improve the looks as well.

+1
    Well, I'm glad to hear they have cleaned up their act... I saw one of the first sets to go on a RXP. They didn't fit. They had to have the holes ground out. Even then, the fit, and finish were horrible. Sealant had to be used to clean up all the rough areas, or sanded down. They looked fine after about 10 hours of work. The price was higher then too.

The handling was night/day over the stock RXP. Even more so over the Riva opas blockoffs or those junk plates. With the junk plates, that hull went whereever it damn well pleased. With the Riva plate, it only did it when you didn't want it to. With the RE plates, it seems to turn pretty nice. I felt the rear end lift, using Worx sponsons, but nothing that couldn't be controlled with throttle.

The only downfall, I see, is that they are not legal for IJSBA racing. This is bullchit, and shows (again) just how out of touch they are. To me, this is almost a safety item with the RXP hull, and should be REQUIRED. Of course, nothing I own is IJSBA legal anymore. Screw 'em. My money and support goes elsewhere.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    The price was higher then too.
    Actually they were cheaper back then at $289

+1

Thumbs up

For handling in chop its the best mod I`ve done. I`d say buy these before motor mods (except for metal washers) if you ride in large lakes. These enable you to use the power you already have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information